Cardiomagnyl is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with anti-aggregation action.
Release form and composition
Dosage form Cardiomagnyl - film-coated tablets. Available in dark glass bottles of 30 or 100 pcs.
Active ingredients of the drug (in 1 tablet):
- Acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) - 75 or 150 mg;
- Magnesium hydroxide - 15.2 or 30.39 mg.
Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, potato starch, corn starch and magnesium stearate.
The composition of the shell: propylene glycol, talc and hypromellose (methyl hydroxypropyl cellulose 15).
Indications for use
- Primary prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system, such as acute heart failure and thrombosis, in patients with risk factors (these include old age, obesity, smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes);
- Treatment of unstable angina;
- Prevention of recurrent thrombosis of blood vessels and myocardial infarction;
- Prevention of thromboembolism after surgical interventions on the vessels (coronary artery bypass graft, percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty).
- Bronchial asthma caused by taking salicylates or NSAIDs;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Exacerbation of erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT);
- Tendency to bleeding (hemorrhagic diathesis, vitamin K deficiency, thrombocytopenia);
- Cerebral hemorrhage;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Severe renal failure (CC less than 10 ml / min);
- Age up to 18 years;
- I and III trimesters of pregnancy;
- Breastfeeding period;
- Simultaneous administration of methotrexate (at a dose of more than 15 mg per week);
- Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, any excipient and / or other NSAIDs.
Pregnant women in the second trimester should be under constant observation during treatment with Cardiomagnyl, patients with a history of bleeding or ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, and patients with hay fever, nasal polyposis, asthma, allergic diseases, renal / hepatic failure hyperuricemia, gout.
In the second trimester of pregnancy, the drug is prescribed only if there are vital indications, after a thorough assessment of the ratio of benefits and risks.
Dosing and Administration
Cardiomagnyl should be taken orally. If necessary, the tablets can be broken in half, chewed or pre-rubbed.
For the primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases on the first day, it is usually recommended to take 1 tablet 150 mg (for acetylsalicylic acid), then - 1 tablet 75 mg 1 time per day.
In all other cases, appoint 1 tablet 1 time per day, the dose - at the discretion of the doctor - 75 or 150 mg.
- The digestive system: very often - heartburn, often - nausea and vomiting, sometimes - gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers of the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum, pain in the abdomen; rarely - increased activity of liver enzymes, perforation of gastric or duodenal ulcer; very rarely - colitis, strictures, irritable bowel syndrome, esophagitis, stomatitis, erosive lesions of the upper GI tract;
- Central nervous system: often - insomnia, headache; sometimes drowsiness and dizziness; rarely - tinnitus and intracerebral hemorrhage;
- Hematopoietic system: very often - increased bleeding; rarely - thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia, anemia (including aplastic), hypoprothrombinemia, agranulocytosis, neutropenia;
- Respiratory system: often - bronchospasm;
- Allergic reactions: often - rash, urticaria and angioedema; rarely - anaphylactic reactions.
Symptoms of a moderate overdose include hearing loss, tinnitus, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and confusion. In this case, you should do a gastric lavage and take activated charcoal, further treatment is symptomatic.
Symptoms of severe overdose: ketoacidosis, hyperventilation, respiratory alkalosis, fever, severe hypoglycemia, respiratory and cardiovascular failure, coma. In this case, immediate hospitalization is required for emergency therapy, including the determination of acid-base balance, gastric lavage, hemodialysis, alkaline and forced alkaline diuresis, the use of activated carbon, the introduction of saline solutions. Further treatment is symptomatic.
You can take Cardiomagnyl only on doctor's prescription!
Acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) can cause bleeding during and after surgery. For this reason, a few days before the forthcoming operation, the risk of bleeding should be assessed and compared with the risk of ischemic complications in patients who receive low doses of ASA. If the risk of bleeding is significant, the drug should be temporarily stopped.
In low doses, acetylsalicylic acid can cause the development of gout in susceptible patients (individuals who have a reduced excretion of uric acid).
In high doses, ASA has a hypoglycemic effect, which patients with diabetes who take oral hypoglycemic agents or receive insulin must take into account.
You should not independently increase the dose of cardiomagnyl prescribed by a doctor; excess doses of ASA are associated with the risk of developing gastrointestinal bleeding.
During the period of treatment with Cardiac Magnetic it is recommended to use caution when practicing potentially hazardous activities, including when driving. You should not drink alcoholic beverages.
It should be borne in mind that with the simultaneous use of ASA enhances the effect of the following drugs: methotrexate, heparin and indirect anticoagulants, thrombolytic, antiaggregant, anticoagulant, oral hypoglycemic agents and insulin, valproic acid.
ASA reduces the effectiveness of uricosuric drugs, and its action weakens glucocorticosteroids.
Ibuprofen reduces the cardioprotective effect of acetylsalicylic acid. Therefore, this combination is contraindicated in patients with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
With simultaneous administration of ASA and ethanol, an additive effect is observed, the risk of damage to the gastrointestinal tract mucosa and lengthening the bleeding time increases.
Absorption Cardiomagnyl reduces antacids and colestyramine.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place, out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºС. Do not allow moisture.
Shelf life - 5 years.