Cardict - a drug with a vasodilating effect, used for long-term treatment of coronary heart disease.
Release form and composition
Cardicet is produced in the form of tablets of prolonged action (round, white, on the one hand - flat, with the inscription "IR" and, depending on the dosage, "20", "40" or "60"; on the other hand - convex, with the inscription "SCHWARZ PHARMA"). 10 pcs. in blisters, 2 or 5 blisters in a box.
The composition of 1 tablet contains the active substance - isosorbide dinitrate, in the amount of 20 mg, 40 mg or 60 mg.
Auxiliary components that make up the drug: lactose monohydrate, talc, polyvinyl acetate, magnesium stearate, potato starch.
Indications for use
- Prolonged treatment of coronary heart disease: prevention of angina attacks;
- Chronic heart failure (concurrently with cardiac ACE inhibitors, diuretics and / or glycosides);
- Secondary prevention of myocardial infarction and therapy with persistent angina (simultaneously with other drugs).
- Acute vascular insufficiency (vascular collapse, shock);
- Acute myocardial infarction, accompanied by severe arterial hypotension;
- Severe arterial hypotension (with systolic pressure <90 mmHg);
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Angle-closure glaucoma with high intraocular pressure;
- Severe mitral and / or aortic stenosis;
- Hemorrhagic stroke;
- Simultaneous use with phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (such as vardenafil, tadalafil, or sildenafil);
- Age up to 18 years (safety and efficacy of the drug for this age group have not been established);
- Hypersensitivity to nitrates and auxiliary components of the drug.
Relative contraindications to the use of Kardiket are:
- Severe anemia;
- Brain hemorrhage;
- Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (there may be an increase in angina attacks);
- Toxic pulmonary edema;
- Heart tamponade;
- Constrictive pericarditis.
Patients with diseases such as:
- Severe renal and / or liver failure;
- Tendency to disturbances in the regulation of blood circulation associated with low blood pressure (orthostatic disturbances in the regulation of blood circulation);
- Diseases accompanied by increased intracranial pressure;
The use of Cardict by lactating and pregnant women is possible only in cases where the expected benefit to the mother exceeds the existing risk to the baby or fetus.
Dosing and Administration
Cardique taken inside, not liquid and squeezed with a small amount of liquid. Food intake on the effectiveness of the drug has no effect.
Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, Cardique is taken as follows:
- Tablets of 20 mg: 2 times a day, 1 tablet. If the effect is insufficient, the frequency of taking the drug can be increased up to 3 times a day;
- Tablets 40 mg: at the beginning of therapy - 1 time per day, 1 tablet or 2 times a day, 1/2 tablets. If the effect is insufficient, the drug can be taken 2 times a day, 1 tablet (in this case, the second tablet should be taken no later than 8 hours after the first one);
- Tablets 60 mg: at the beginning of therapy - 1 time per day, 1 tablet. If necessary, the multiplicity of intake can be increased to 2 times a day (in this case, the second pill must be taken no later than 8 hours after the first one).
Therapy is recommended to start with the minimum dose, gradually increasing the dose to the maximum effective. The decision on the duration of treatment is made by a doctor.
Cardiket is intended for long-term use; it should not be abruptly stopped without consultation with the doctor.
At the beginning of therapy, a headache ("nitrate" headache) may occur. With further use of the drug, the symptom usually disappears on its own after a few days.
Sometimes at the first use or during a dose increase a pronounced decrease in blood pressure develops, especially when the patient gets out of bed. This may be accompanied by lethargy, tachycardia (possibly also the development of paradoxical bradycardia), as well as a feeling of weakness and dizziness.
Sometimes during treatment there is pain in the abdomen, dry mouth, vomiting, nausea, belching, as well as allergic skin reactions and facial flushing. In rare cases, with a pronounced decrease in blood pressure, symptoms of angina pectoris (paradoxical intensification of angina pectoris attacks) may increase.
In some cases, collaptoid states develop, sometimes with a sudden loss of consciousness (syncope) and bradycardia, and exfoliative dermatitis appears.
When applying Cardict, tolerance, including cross-over, to other nitrates may develop.
Cardicet can not be used to relieve angina attacks.
During the period of treatment, it is necessary to control the heart rate and blood pressure.
With continuous continuous therapy in high doses, the development of tolerance is possible, as well as the development of cross-tolerance to other drugs of the nitrate group.
During therapy, alcohol should be excluded.
To avoid a decrease in the effectiveness of Cardict, it is recommended to avoid the constant use of high dosages.
When taking the drug in patients with primary lung diseases, temporary hypoxemia may occur, due to the relative redistribution of blood flow to the hypoventilated alveolar zones. In patients with ischemic heart disease, this can lead to transient myocardial ischemia.
During the reception of Cardict, it is necessary to refrain from driving and performing potentially dangerous types of work, which require the patient's quickness of psychomotor reactions and increased concentration of attention.
With simultaneous use of Cardict with slow calcium channel blockers, other antihypertensive and vasodilators (vasodilators), type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibitors used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, tricyclic antidepressants, beta-adrenergic blockers, neuroleptics, quinidine, tricyclic antidepressants, quinidine, and neuroleptics, quinidine, and the like, as well as the hologram, quinidine, and tidyclic antidepressants, quinidine, neuroleptics, quinidine, and the like. actions.
Simultaneous use of Cardict with dihydroergotamine may lead to an increase in the concentration of dihydroergotamine in the blood and, thus, its hypotensive effect.
When combined with sympathomimetic drugs, a decrease in the antianginal effects of Cardict is possible.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 5 years.