CardiASK is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug with antiaggregatory effect, used to prevent a number of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Release form and composition
CardiASK is produced in the form of enteric-coated film tablets (white, biconvex, round, with a shiny, smooth surface, a slight smell of acetic acid and slight roughness are allowed). 10 pcs. in blisters, 3 blisters in carton packs.
The composition of 1 tablet contains the active substance - acetylsalicylic acid, in the amount of 50 mg and 100 mg.
Auxiliary components that make up the drug: polysorbate (twin 80), stearic acid, lactose monohydrate (milk sugar), corn starch, hydrogenated castor oil, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone.
The composition of the film shell: triethyl citrate, ethyl acrylate and methacrylic acid 1: 1 copolymer, talc, polyvinyl alcohol and macrogol copolymer, copovidone, titanium dioxide.
Indications for use
- Stable and unstable angina (including suspected acute myocardial infarction);
- Primary prevention of acute myocardial infarction (accompanied by such risk factors as hyperlipidemia, diabetes mellitus, smoking, arterial hypertension, old age, obesity, etc.) and repeated myocardial infarction;
- Prevention of transient cerebral circulation;
- Prevention of ischemic stroke (including in patients with transient disorders of cerebral circulation);
- Prevention of pulmonary embolism and its branches and deep vein thrombosis (including with prolonged immobilization due to extensive surgical interventions);
- Prevention of thromboembolism after surgery and invasive interventions on the vessels (for example, after carotid artery angioplasty, carotid artery endarterectomy, coronary artery bypass grafting, coronary artery stenting and angioplasty, arteriovenous shunting).
- Bronchial asthma associated with taking salicylates and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), an incomplete or complete combination of bronchial asthma, recurrent nasal polyposis and paranasal sinuses, intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid and other NSAIDs;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Chronic heart failure (III – IV functional class according to the NYHA classification);
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (in the acute stage);
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh grade B or higher);
- Severe renal failure (Cl creatinine less than 30 ml per minute);
- Simultaneous use with methotrexate at a dose of 16 mg per week or more;
- Children's age up to 18 years;
- 1 and 3 trimesters of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), auxiliary components of the drug and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
CardiASK should be taken with caution in the following conditions and diseases:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding or ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in history;
- Hyperuricemia, gout, because ASA in low doses reduces the excretion of uric acid. It should be borne in mind that acetylsalicylic acid, when used in low doses, can lead to the development of gout in predisposed patients (with a reduced excretion of uric acid);
- Impaired renal function (Cl creatinine more than 30 ml per minute);
- Liver dysfunction (Child-Pugh - lower than class B);
- Chronic respiratory diseases, bronchial asthma, nasal polyposis, hay fever, drug allergy, incl. for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (analgesics, antirheumatic, anti-inflammatory drugs);
- Estimated surgical interventions, including minor ones, since acetylsalicylic acid leads to a tendency to develop bleeding within a few days after taking it;
- 2 trimester of pregnancy.
Dosing and Administration
CardiASK is taken orally with a large amount of liquid, before meals, once a day. The drug is intended for prolonged use. The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor individually.
The average daily dose of CardiAc is 50-100 mg.
In the application of CardiAsk, disorders can develop on the part of various body systems:
- Hematopoietic system: increased risk of bleeding due to the inhibitory effect of acetylsalicylic acid on platelet aggregation; rarely - anemia;
- The digestive system: most often - heartburn, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting; rarely, ulcers of the mucous membrane of the duodenum and stomach; very rarely - gastrointestinal bleeding, perforated ulcers of the mucous membrane of the duodenum and stomach, transient functional disorders of the liver with increased activity of hepatic transaminases;
- Central nervous system: tinnitus, headache, hearing loss, dizziness;
- Allergic reactions: swelling of the nasal mucosa, rhinitis, urticaria, skin rash and itching, angioedema, cardiorespiratory distress syndrome, as well as severe reactions, including anaphylactic shock.
Acetylsalicylic acid can cause bronchospasm. Also during therapy, there may be asthma attacks and other hypersensitivity reactions. Risk factors include a history of asthma, nasal polyposis, hay fever, chronic diseases of the respiratory system, as well as allergic reactions to other drugs (eg, itching, skin reactions, urticaria).
CardiASK inhibitory effect on platelet aggregation usually persists for several days after taking it, which increases the risk of bleeding during surgery or in the postoperative period. To eliminate bleeding during surgery, you should, if possible, completely abandon the use of the drug in the preoperative period.
Excess doses of acetylsalicylic acid increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
CardiAASK in high doses has a hypoglycemic effect, which should be considered when prescribing it to patients with diabetes mellitus receiving hypoglycemic drugs.
With the simultaneous use of CardiASK enhances the action of the following drugs:
- Methotrexate. Also, the combination of methotrexate with acetylsalicylic acid increases the incidence of side effects from the blood;
- Antiplatelet agents (ticlopidine) and thrombolytic drugs;
- Heparin and indirect anticoagulants;
- Hypoglycemic agents (sulfonylurea derivatives and insulin);
- Valproic acid.
An increased risk of bleeding occurs when the combined use of CardiASK with thrombolytics, anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents.
ASA weakens the effect of ACE inhibitors, uricosuric drugs (benzbromarone), diuretics.
While taking alcohol with acetylsalicylic acid, an additive effect is observed and the risk of damage to the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract and lengthening the bleeding time increases.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.