Carbocisteine is a drug with mucolytic, expectorant action.
Release form and composition
Carbocisteine is produced in the following forms:
- Capsules, 8 pcs. in blisters, 4 blisters in carton packs;
- Syrup, 200 ml in bottles.
The composition of the drug contains the active substance - carbocysteine, in the amount of:
- 1 capsule - 375 mg;
- 5 ml of syrup - 125 mg or 250 mg.
Indications for use
- Inflammatory diseases of the sinuses and middle ear;
- Diseases of the respiratory system, which are accompanied by the formation of a large number of viscous sputum (bronchiectasis, chronic and acute bronchitis, pneumonia);
- Preparing patients for bronchography and / or bronchoscopy.
- Active peptic ulcer;
- Acute cystitis;
- Acute glomerulonephritis;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Carbocysteine is taken orally.
- Children up to 5 years: 4 times a day, 1/2 tsp syrup 125 mg / 5 ml;
- Children 5-12 years old: 3 times a day, 2 teaspoons of syrup 125 mg / 5 ml or 1 teaspoon of syrup 250 mg / 5 ml;
- Adults: 3 times a day, 3 teaspoons of syrup 250 mg / 5 ml or 2 capsules.
After improvement, the dose can be reduced by half.
With the use of carbocysteine, side effects may occur, manifested as gastrointestinal bleeding, diarrhea, nausea, skin rash, headache.
The drug should be taken with caution to pregnant women and patients with a peptic ulcer in history.
At the time of taking the drug breastfeeding should be suspended.
Information about the interaction with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.