Kanizon - antifungal agent for external and local use.
Release form and composition
Forms of release Kanizon:
- Vaginal tablets (6 pcs. In contoured cell-free packages, 1 pack in a cardboard bundle complete with an applicator);
- Solution for external use (in plastic bottles of 20 ml, 1 bottle in a cardboard box);
- Cream for external use (20 g in aluminum tubes, 1 tube in the package).
The active ingredient of the drug is clotrimazole. Its concentration is:
- In 1 vaginal tablet - 100 mg;
- In 1 mg of solution - 10 mg;
- In 1 g of cream - 10 mg.
- Tablets - gelatin, corn starch, magnesium stearate, lactose, MCC, sodium benzoate, colloidal silicon dioxide, purified water;
- Solution - propylene glycol, PEG 400, ethanol;
- Cream - light paraffin liquid, white paraffin, cytomacrogol 1000, monopropylene glycol, chlorocresol, cytostearyl alcohol, EDTA disodium salt, disubstituted sodium phosphate dodecahydrate, benzyl alcohol, monosodium phosphate dihydrate, purified water.
Indications for use
For vaginal tablets:
- Urogenital candidiasis (candidal vulvitis, candidal balanitis);
- Colpitis and other vaginal superinfections (including mixed ones);
- Sanitation of the birth canal before childbirth.
For cream and solution:
- Fungal lesions of the skin, incl. scalp;
- Mycosis of the ears;
- Tinea versicolor;
- Mycoses complicated by secondary pyoderma;
- Candida vulvovaginitis.
- First trimester of pregnancy;
- Known hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
In the second and third trimester of pregnancy, as well as during lactation, Kanizon is not contraindicated, but only a doctor can prescribe it, taking into account the expected benefits and potential risks.
Dosing and Administration
Cream and Canis solution are applied externally, the solution is used primarily for the treatment of hairy parts of the body. Apply the product should be a thin layer of 2-4 times a day, gently rubbing the cream.
Duration of treatment:
- Pityriasis versicolor - up to 3 weeks;
- Dermatomycosis - 3-4 weeks;
- Mycoses stop - 2 weeks;
- Erythrasma - 2–4 weeks.
Before treatment, feet should be washed with warm water and soap and wiped thoroughly, especially between fingers. Treatment of fungal diseases of the skin of the legs should be continued for 2-3 weeks after the symptoms disappear.
Canison tablets are intended for intravaginal use. They should be inserted deep into the vagina, 1 pc. per day for 6 days. If necessary, the doctor may prescribe a second course.
Rules for the introduction of tablets:
- Take the pill out of the package and attach it to the attached applicator;
- Lie on your back, bend your knees and insert the applicator deep into the vagina;
- Carefully push the applicator piston to the end.
It is best to inject tablets at night. If there is no such possibility, then after the administration it is necessary to lie for some time so that the tablet dissolves. After use, the applicator should be thoroughly rinsed with warm water.
For the rehabilitation of the birth canal, 1 Kanizon tablet is administered once before childbirth.
For candidal vulvitis, concurrently with vaginal tablets, it is recommended that Canizon cream be used - 2-3 times a day for 6-12 days.
Basically, Canis is well tolerated. In rare cases, there is redness, itching, tingling and burning sensation at the application site. In the treatment of urogenital infections, sometimes there is an increase in vaginal secretion, abdominal pain, swelling of the mucous membranes, irritation of the skin of the penis in the partner.
It is possible the development of contact allergic dermatitis.
When applying Kanizon in accordance with the instructions overdose impossible. If the drug is accidentally swallowed, nausea and / or vomiting, gastralgia, anorexia, functional disorders of the liver, in some cases - hallucinations, drowsiness, pollakiuria, and skin allergic reactions are possible. Treatment of overdose - symptomatic, for the rapid absorption of clotrimazole from the gastrointestinal tract is recommended to take activated charcoal.
Vaginal tablets should not be used during menstruation. It is strictly forbidden to take inside!
To prevent reinfection, treatment of urogenital infections must simultaneously undergo both sexual partners, regardless of whether the second person has symptoms of the disease or not.
For trichomoniasis, combination therapy is recommended - intravaginal Canison tablets and an oral antifungal agent of systemic action (for example, metronidazole).
During the application of the cream and solution, care should be taken to prevent the ingress of funds on the mucous membrane of the eyes. Do not apply to areas with violation of the integrity of the skin.
If irritation or hypersensitivity symptoms appear, discontinue treatment and consult a doctor.
When using vaginal tablets during pregnancy, they are recommended to be administered without the use of an applicator.
In the absence of clinical improvement in the treatment of skin fungal lesions within 4 weeks, it is necessary to conduct a repeated microbiological study to confirm the diagnosis and exclude another cause of the disease.
With the simultaneous use of Canizona with polyene antibiotics (including Nystatin, Amphotericin B and Natamycin), a mutual decrease in activity is noted.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ºC in a dry (for tablets), out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.