Canephron H is a preparation based on herbal ingredients that has antimicrobial, diuretic, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects, used in diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms of Canephron H:
- Dragee (20 pcs. In blisters, 3 packs in a carton box);
- Solution for oral administration (in dark glass vials, equipped with a 100 ml dispensing device, 1 bottle in a carton box).
The active ingredients of the preparation are (in a dragee - in the form of crushed plant materials, in solution - in the form of an aqueous-alcoholic extract):
- Centaury grass (Gentianaceae, Centauriumumbellatum) - 18 mg / 1 tablet, 600 mg / 100 g of solution;
- The root of the lovage medicinal (Apiaceae, Levisticumofficinale) - 18 mg / 1 tablet, 600 mg / 100 g of solution;
- Rosemary leaves (Laminaceae, Rosmarinusofficinale) - 18 mg / 1 tablet, 600 mg / 100 g solution.
- Dragee - riboflavin E101, lactose monohydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, povidone, dextrose, calcium carbonate, corn starch (including modified), mountain glycolic wax, corn oil, sucrose, talc, shellac, titanium dioxide, ferric red oxide;
- The solution - ethanol 16.0-19.5 vol.% And purified water.
Indications for use
Canephron is used in the complex treatment of the following diseases:
- Chronic infections of the bladder (cystitis) and kidney (pyelonephritis);
- Non-infectious chronic inflammation of the kidneys (interstitial nephritis and glomerulonephritis).
Phytopreparation is also prescribed as a prophylactic agent to prevent the formation of urinary stones, including re-formation after their removal.
- Children up to 1 year old - for solution, up to 6 years - for dragee;
- Aggravation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Patients who have undergone anti-alcohol treatment;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Drops, in addition, are not prescribed for lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption, sucrase / isomaltase deficiency, fructose intolerance.
In connection with the content of ethanol in the form of a solution, Canephron H is prescribed with caution to children older than 1 year, patients with head injuries, diseases of the liver and brain.
Dosing and Administration
Both dosage forms of the drug are intended for ingestion: the pills should be swallowed whole with water, the solution should be diluted with a small amount of water before ingestion (children can be given with any liquids to soften the bitter taste).
Canephron N should be taken 3 times a day. Single dose depends on age:
- Infants - 10 drops;
- Preschool children - 15 drops;
- School children - 25 drops or 1 tablet;
- Adults - 50 drops or 2 tablets.
The duration of use is determined by the doctor depending on the clinical picture of the disease. After improving the condition, taking the drug is recommended to continue for 2-4 weeks.
Canephron N can be taken for a long time. If necessary, treatment is carried out courses.
Shake the bottle with solution well before use.
A large amount of fluid should be consumed during therapy.
Basically, the drug is well tolerated. In rare cases, allergic reactions and dyspeptic disorders (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting) are noted.
Canephron overdose has not been reported in medical practice.
The use of large amounts of fluid is contraindicated in edema caused by impaired renal or cardiac function.
Patients with impaired renal function Canephron N should not be taken as a single drug. If you have an inflammatory disease of the kidneys, you should consult a doctor
In case of acute urinary retention, pain when urinating and / or blood in the urine should immediately seek medical attention.
If any signs of an allergic reaction appear, the drug should be withdrawn.
Since Canephron contains plant components, a slight precipitate or slight turbidity of the liquid may occur during the storage of the solution. These phenomena are considered normal and do not affect the effectiveness of the drug.
Canephron solution contains from 16.0 to 15.9% ethanol. Patients taking the drug in this dosage form, it is recommended to use caution when driving and performing potentially hazardous types of work. In the form of pills, Canephron does not adversely affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate.
Patients with diabetes should consider that 1 dragee corresponds to at least 0.04 XE.
The drug can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but only on prescription, after assessing the balance of benefits and risks, strictly in accordance with the recommendations for use.
The use of Canephron N in combination with antibiotics increases the effectiveness of antibiotic therapy.
Interaction with other drugs is not installed.
Terms and conditions of storage
To store in protected from sunshine, dry (for a dragee), the place, inaccessible for children.
Shelf life - 3 years. The solution after opening the bottle is usable for 6 months.