Candide - antifungal.
Release form and composition
Candida dosage forms:
- Cream for external use (in aluminum tubes of 20 g, 1 tube in a carton box);
- Powder for external use (30 g in plastic bottles, 1 bottle per pack);
- Solution for external use (in plastic bottles of 20 ml, 1 bottle in a cardboard box);
- Solution for topical use (in plastic bottles, droppers with a volume of 15 ml, 1 bottle in a carton box);
- Vaginal tablets (1 pc. In strips complete with an applicator, 1 set per pack);
- Gel for vaginal use (in aluminum tubes of 30 g, complete with an applicator, 1 set in a carton box).
The active ingredient of the drug is clotrimazole, its concentration:
- In 1 g of cream - 10 mg;
- In 1 g of powder - 10 mg;
- In 1 ml of solution for external use - 10 mg;
- In 1 ml of solution for local use - 10 mg;
- In 1 vaginal tablet - 500 mg;
- In 1 g of vaginal gel - 20 mg.
- Cream - liquid paraffin, white petrolatum, propylene glycol, cetomacrogol emulsion wax, benzyl alcohol, anhydrous sodium phosphate, propyl paraben, sodium phosphate monosubstituted, methyl paraben, butyl hydroxytoluene, purified water;
- Powder - colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, purified talcum, cosmetic fragrance;
- Solution for n / p - propylene glycol;
- Solution for m / p - propylene glycol and glycerin;
- Tablets - propyl para-hydroxybenzoate (propyl paraben), colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, methyl para-hydroxy benzoate (methyl paraben), sodium carboxymethyl starch, lactose, starch, purified talc;
- The gel is chlorocresol, carbomer 940, benzyl alcohol, cetomacrogol emulsion wax, sodium hydroxide, propylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, glycerol, purified water.
Indications for use
Cream, powder and solution for external use:
- Licolor versicolor;
- Nail mycosis;
- Skin candidiasis;
- Candidiasis of the vulva and anorectal region;
- Candida balanitis;
- Candida vulvitis;
- Candida paronychia;
- Fungal diaper dermatitis;
- Dermatophytosis of the head, body and legs;
Solution for local use:
- Candida stomatitis;
- Other fungal lesions of the oral mucosa.
Vaginal tablets and gel:
- Genital infections caused by Trichomonas vaginalis and / or yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida (trichomoniasis and vulvovaginal candidiasis);
- Genital superinfection caused by microorganisms sensitive to clotrimazole;
- Sanitation of the birth canal before childbirth (only for tablets).
- First trimester of pregnancy;
- Menstruation (for vaginal forms of the drug);
- Hypersensitivity to clotrimazole or any auxiliary component of the drug.
With caution Candide apply during lactation.
Dosing and Administration
Outwardly, Candide is applied with a thin layer on previously cleaned (using neutral soap) and dried affected areas, gently rubbing the cream. The multiplicity of application of the solution and cream - 2 times a day, powder - 3-4.
Improvement occurs already approximately on 3-5 days of application of Candida, but for complete recovery, treatment should not be stopped immediately after the symptoms disappear. The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor taking into account the type of pathogen, localization of pathological changes, the severity of the disease and the effectiveness of the therapy. For the treatment of pityriasis lichen takes from 1 to 3 weeks, ringworm - at least 4 weeks. In case of fungal diseases of the legs, therapy is recommended to continue for 2 weeks after the symptoms have been removed.
A solution for topical use 3-4 times a day in small quantities - 10-20 drops each - is applied to the affected areas of the oral cavity using a cotton swab. The duration of treatment is determined by the complete elimination of the clinical manifestations of the disease.
Tablets and Candide gel are intended for intravaginal use, they need to be inserted in the supine position, slightly bending at the knees: gel - 1 full applicator (about 5 g) 1 time per day in the evening for 6 days, vaginal tablets - 1 pc . once. If necessary, the doctor may prescribe a second course.
Basically Candide is well tolerated. In rare cases, allergic reactions in the form of itching and urticaria are noted.
When applied externally, in addition, there may be burning, irritation, swelling, peeling, tingling, blisters in places of application, erythema.
When using the vaginal forms of the drug are sometimes noted:
- On the part of the urinary system: frequent urination and intercurrent cystitis;
- On the part of the reproductive system: edema and hyperemia of the mucous membrane of the vagina, itching and burning, vaginal discharge, burning sensation in the penis of a partner, pain during sexual contact;
- Other: gastralgia, headache.
When applying Candida in high doses, no serious life-threatening reactions or conditions occur. In case of accidental ingestion of the drug, nausea and vomiting, anorexia, gastralgia and functional disorders of the liver are possible, rarely - skin allergic reactions, pollakiuria, drowsiness and hallucinations. There is no specific antidote for clotrimazole. You should take activated charcoal and, if necessary, consult a doctor, further treatment is symptomatic.
In case of irritation or signs of hypersensitivity, the drug is canceled.
If necessary, the use of tablets during pregnancy, they should be entered without the help of an applicator.
In order to prevent reinfection, both genital partners must be treated at the same time.
In the event that a urogenital infection also affects the labia and adjacent areas, a cream should also be used along with Candide tablets / gel.
In trichomoniasis, combination therapy is more effective, therefore, in addition to Candida, it is recommended to use a systemic drug (for example, metronidazole in the form of oral tablets).
Patients with hepatic insufficiency during treatment should monitor the functional state of the liver.
If within 4 weeks improvement is not observed, you need to consult a doctor to confirm the diagnosis.
Clotrimazole reduces the effectiveness of polyene antibacterial drugs, including amphotericin B.
The activity of clotrimazole is reduced by natamycin and nystatin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place, out of reach of children at a temperature up to 25 ºС.
The shelf life of the cream, powder and tablets - 4 years, gel, solution for local and solution for external use - 3 years.