Candibene - antifungal agent from the group of imidazole derivatives with fungicidal and antibacterial action.
Release form and composition
Candibene Dosage Forms:
- Cream for external use (in tubes of 30 g, 1 tube per box);
- Solution for external use (in dark glass bottles with a volume of 40 ml, 1 bottle in a box);
- Vaginal tablets (in the blister packs of 3 pieces, complete with an applicator, 100 mg tablets - 1 set per box, 200 mg tablets - 2 sets per box).
The active ingredient of the drug is clotrimazole. His concentration:
- In 1 g of cream - 10 mg;
- In 1 ml of solution - 10 mg;
- In 1 tablet - 100 or 200 mg.
- Cream: sorbitan monostearate, benzyl alcohol, cetyl stearyl alcohol, spermaceti, polysorbate 60, 2-octyldodecanol and water;
- Solution: propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol 400, 2-octyldodecanol, sodium citrate, isopropyl alcohol and water;
- Tablets: corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, copovidone, adipic acid (in powder form), polysorbate 80, magnesium stearate and sodium bicarbonate.
Indications for use
For cream and solution:
- Fungal lesions of the skin and mucous membranes caused by yeast-like and mold fungi, as well as dermatophytes;
- Complicated by secondary pyoderma mycosis;
- Superficial candidiasis;
- Multicolor lichen.
- Candida vulvovaginitis.
For vaginal tablets:
- Genital infections caused by Trichomonas vaginalis and / or Candida (trichomoniasis, vulvovaginal candidiasis);
- Other genital infections whose pathogens are microorganisms sensitive to clotrimazole;
- Sanitation of the birth canal before childbirth.
- First trimester of pregnancy;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Vaginal tablets, in addition, should not be used during menstruation, with caution - during lactation.
Dosing and Administration
The cream and solution are intended for topical use. They are applied to pre-cleaned (using neutral pH soap) and dried skin 2-3 times a day. Cream gently rubbed.
The duration of therapy depends on the indication and on average lasts from 1 to 4 weeks. As a rule, for the treatment of ringworms, it takes at least 4 weeks, and chiriminalischitis - up to 3 weeks. The duration of use of Candibene for fungal diseases of the skin of the legs is determined by the complete disappearance of the symptoms of the disease, but for complete eradication of the pathogen it is recommended to continue the treatment for another 2 weeks.
Tablets are intended for intravaginal use. They should be inserted deep into the vagina in a supine position with legs slightly bent at the knees, once a day before bedtime: 1 tablet of 100 mg for 6 days or 1 tablet of 200 mg for 3 days. On the recommendation of a doctor, a second course may be prescribed.
For the rehabilitation of the birth canal, one vaginal tablet is administered once.
- When using the cream and solution: burning sensation, redness, allergic dermatitis;
- When using vaginal pills: swelling, itching and burning of the vaginal mucosa, vaginal discharge, frequent urination, intercurrent cystitis, pain during sexual contact, burning in the penis of a partner, gastralgia, headache.
When applying Candibene in excessive doses, any reactions and conditions dangerous to human life do not occur. If you accidentally take the drug inside possible nausea, vomiting, anorexia, gastralgia, abnormal liver function, in some cases - skin allergic reactions, pollakiuria, drowsiness and hallucinations. There is no specific antidote for clotrimazole. It is recommended to take activated charcoal and consult a doctor, if necessary, carry out symptomatic treatment.
Do not allow the drug on the mucous membrane of the eyes.
Do not apply the product to areas of the skin in violation of the integrity of the integument.
For a more successful treatment of trichomoniasis, another drug that has a systemic effect, such as metronidazole orally, is recommended at the same time as Candibene.
To prevent urogenital reinfection, both sexual partners should be treated.
With simultaneous infection of the labia and adjacent areas, vaginal suppositories are recommended to be combined with Candibene cream.
Patients with hepatic insufficiency during treatment need to control the functional state of the liver.
If irritation or signs of hypersensitivity occur, the drug should be discontinued.
If there is no effect within 4 weeks of treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor to confirm the diagnosis.
With simultaneous use of Candibene with a polyene antibiotic (nystatin, natamycin, amphotericin B) decreases the activity of both drugs.
Terms and conditions of storage
To store at a temperature up to 25 ºС in the place, inaccessible for children.
Shelf life - 3 years.