Potassium orotate is a drug that helps improve metabolism and energy supply of tissues.
Release form and composition
Potassium orotate is produced in the form of tablets with a content of 0.5 g of the active substance of the same name, in 10 pcs. in contourless cell or cell packaging.
Indications for use
Potassium orotate is prescribed for diseases / conditions:
- As part of the combination therapy, ischemic heart disease (including myocardial infarction and angina), chronic heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias (including magnesium-dependent and atrial fibrillation);
- Alimentary-infectious and alimentary dystrophy in children;
- As an adjunct - diseases of the biliary tract and liver (including hepatosis, hepatitis), caused by chronic and acute intoxication, in addition to organic lesions of the biliary tract and liver;
- Spastic conditions (including angiospasm);
- Myocardial dystrophy;
- Progressive muscular dystrophy;
- Increased physical activity;
Contraindications to the use of potassium orotate are:
- Cirrhosis of the liver with ascites;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Potassium orotate is taken orally 2-3 times a day, 250-500 mg. The drug is recommended to take 1 hour before meals or 4 hours after.
The duration of therapy is 20-40 days, if necessary, the course can be repeated in a month.
Children are usually prescribed at 10-20 mg / kg per day, the frequency of admission - 2-3 times a day. The duration of the treatment course is 21-35 days.
During therapy may develop side effects:
- Allergic reactions: allergic dermatosis;
- Digestive system: dyspeptic symptoms; when used in high doses while maintaining a low protein diet, liver dystrophy.
At present, the combination of orotic acid with magnesium is very promising in cardiology practice.
When combined use of potassium orotate with glucocorticosteroids, diuretics, muscle relaxants, oral contraceptives, insulin, its effectiveness decreases.
Orotic acid violates the absorption of tetracycline, iron, sodium fluoride.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 4 years.