Calcium pantothenate - a drug that regulates calcium-phosphorus metabolism.
Release form and composition
- Tablets for oral administration (10 pieces in a contour bagless packaging, 1 or 2 packs in a box; 50 pieces in bottles);
- 10% solution for injection (in ampoules of 2 and 5 ml, 10 ampoules per pack);
- 20% solution for injection (in ampoules of 2 ml, 10 ampoules per pack).
The active ingredient of the drug is calcium pantothenate. His concentration:
- In 1 tablet - 0.1 g;
- In 1 ml of 10% solution - 0.1 g;
- In 1 ml of 20% solution - 0.2 g.
Indications for use
Calcium Pantothenate is prescribed as part of the complex therapy of the following conditions and diseases:
- Diseases of the digestive tract of non-infectious origin;
- Intestinal atony;
- Circulatory failure;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Cathars of the upper respiratory tract;
- Coronary insufficiency;
- Toxicosis of pregnant women;
- Abstinence syndrome and alcoholism;
- Chronic pancreatitis;
- Liver disease;
- Allergic reactions (hay fever and dermatitis);
- Trophic ulcers;
- Lupus erythematosus;
Also, the drug is prescribed for the prevention of the toxicity of anti-tuberculosis drugs, incl. streptomycin.
The only contraindication to the use of Calcium Pantothenate is individual hypersensitivity.
Dosing and Administration
In the form of tablets, the drug should be taken orally before meals.
Adolescents from 14 years of age and adults are prescribed 1-2 tablets 2-4 times a day, with intestinal atony - 2.5-3 tablets. every 6 hours; children 3-14 years old - 1-2 tables. 2 times a day; children 1-3 years old - on 1 / 2-1 table. per day.
Average daily doses: for children - 0.1-0.4 g, for adults - 0.4-0.8 g of calcium pantothenate. The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor depending on the evidence.
In dermatological practice, the drug is prescribed in large doses: 1.5 g per day - for adults, 0.1-0.3 g 2-3 times per day - for children.
Single doses of the drug for parenteral use with a frequency of administration - 1-2 times a day:
- For children over 14 years old and adults - 0.2-0.4 g (which corresponds to 2-4 ml of 10% solution or 1-2 ml of 20% solution);
- Children 3-14 years old - at 0.1-0.2 g of 10% solution (1-2 ml);
- Children up to 3 years old - at 0.05-0.1 g of 10% solution (0.5-1 ml).
To prevent the toxicity of anti-TB drugs (including streptomycin) Calcium pantothenate is used throughout the course of treatment.
The daily dose for withdrawal symptoms is 0.5 g (5 ml of 10% solution), and for acute alcoholic psychosis (delirium) it is 1 g (10 ml of 10% solution). The route of administration, intramuscularly or intravenously, depends on the severity of the condition. The course of treatment is 10 days.
For diseases of the bronchi and upper respiratory tract, the drug is used in the form of aerosols: 0.2 g (1 ml of 20% solution or 2 ml of 10% solution) is diluted in 5 ml of water, the resulting solution is inhaled for 10-15 minutes daily for 7-8 days
Possible side effects of Calcium Pantothenate: nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, pain in the upper abdomen, azotemia.
With intramuscular injections in rare cases, pain and the formation of infiltrate at the injection site are possible.
Special instructions for the use of Calcium Pantothenate are not described.
Reduces the toxic effect of arsenic preparations, aminoglycosides, anti-tuberculosis drugs, streptomycin antibiotics and sulfonamides.
Increases cardiotonic action of cardiac glycosides.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life - 1 year.
Store in a dark, dry place.