Kalcemin - a drug that is used to fill the body with a lack of calcium and some trace elements.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in pill form.
Calcemin tablets are coated with a white shell, have an elongated capsule shape. They are sold in plastic bottles of 30, 60 and 120 pcs., Each bottle is placed in a cardboard box.
1 tablet contains: calcium - 250 mg, copper - 500 µg, manganese - 500 µg, boron - 50 µg, colecalciferol - 50 IU, zinc - 2 mg, excipients (microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrin, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid¸ acacia, magnesium stearate, soy polysaccharide. Coating composition: magnesium silicate, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol, silicon dioxide.
Indications for use
- Treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- Therapy and prevention of osteoporosis in patients who for a long time take immunosuppressants and GCS;
- Therapy and prevention of osteoporosis in women during natural and surgical menopause;
- Completion of calcium deficiency and some trace elements in adolescents.
Calcemin is not recommended for use in the following diseases and conditions:
- Urolithiasis disease;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the tablets.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken orally, with water, while eating.
Calcemin is prescribed according to the following scheme:
- Children 5-12 years: 1 tablet 1 time per day;
- Children over 12 years old and adults: 1 tablet 2 times a day;
- After the 20th week of pregnancy and during breastfeeding: 1 tablet 2 times a day;
- With a lack of calcium and trace elements: 1 tablet per day.
When taking Calcemin, the following side effects are sometimes observed:
- Metabolism: hypercalciuria, hypercalcemia;
- On the part of the digestive system: flatulence, nausea, vomiting;
- Allergic reactions.
When taking Calcemin should not exceed the prescribed dosage. Excessive calcium intake can lead to inhibition of intestinal absorption of zinc, iron and other minerals.
Information about the interaction with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place inaccessible to children, at a temperature of 15 ° C to 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.