Kalanchoe has anti-inflammatory, tonic and tonic properties.
The chemical composition of the plant has not yet been fully studied. The leaves and stem of Kalanchoe contain up to 94% liquid. The ground part of the plant contains:
- Polysaccharides - up to 1.2%;
- Ash -1.4%;
- Tannins - 0.032%;
- Flavonoids (kaempferol, quercetin, jelline);
- Organic acids (citric, oxalic, malic, acetic, isolimone and others);
- Micro- and macronutrients (iron, copper, magnesium, manganese, calcium, aluminum);
- Enzymes (oxalic acid carboxylase, malic acid dehydrase);
- Vitamins, including, C, R.
The juice of the plant has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, wound healing, hemostatic, tonic effect. It contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms, the healing of burn lesions, the rapid scarring of wounds, stimulates the regeneration of body tissues.
Indications for use
Kalanchoe juice is part of many drugs that are used in the treatment of the following diseases and conditions:
- Cold diseases;
- Wounds, ulcers, abscesses, burns;
- Varicose veins;
- Cervical erosion;
- Nipple cracks in nursing women;
- Inflammatory processes of the oral mucosa;
- Diseases of ENT organs.
Often Kalanchoe include in the means of skin care.
Preparations based on Kalanchoe juice are used in gynecology, dentistry, surgery, otorhinolaryngology, ophthalmology and cosmetology.
In folk medicine, Kalanchoe juice and an ointment based on it is used as an external remedy for the treatment of trophic ulcers, pressure sores, burns, and long non-healing wounds. Inside the plant juice is taken in inflammatory processes in the kidneys and stomach, cough. For the treatment of sinusitis and runny nose, juice is instilled into the nasal passages.
Contraindications to the use of plants and preparations made on its basis are:
- Liver disease;
- Whipple's disease;
- Joint diseases;
- Decompensated diabetes;
- Individual intolerance.
Homemade medicine from kalanchoe
Consider a few popular recipes for home-made medicines based on Kalanchoe juice:
- Treatment of ulcers and wounds. Using a syringe with a thin needle, the wound or ulcer surface is irrigated with Kalanchoe juice (1-2 ml). After that, gauze (folded in 4-5 layers), which is pre-moistened in Kalanchoe juice, is applied to the damaged skin area. The dimensions and contours of the gauze cloth should accurately follow the dimensions and contours of the wound. Pre-skin around the damaged area is treated with a solution of furatsilina or alcohol. In the case of a purulent wound, an antibacterial drug is added to the sap of the plant (after consulting a doctor). Sometimes with this use of a compress with Kalanchoe juice there is a burning sensation. In this case, you need to dilute the juice with a 0.5-1% solution of novocaine in a 1: 1 ratio. The dressing is changed twice a day. Usually the treatment is 25-30 days.
- Treatment of sinusitis. Freshly squeezed Kalanchoe juice diluted with warm boiled water in a ratio of 1: 5. 2 drops of the solution are instilled into each nasal passage 2-5 times a day.
- Treatment of varicose veins. Kalanchoe leaves are finely chopped and filled with a glass bottle (0.5 l) to half the volume. Then fill them with 70% alcohol or vodka to the top of the bottle. Insist means during the week in a dark place, shaking from time to time. When the tincture is ready, begin treatment. Every night before bed, rub with tincture of the feet, from feet to knees and above. The course of therapy is quite long (about 4 months), although the reduction of pain in the legs is observed much earlier.