Kagocel is a drug used for the treatment and prevention of acute respiratory viral infections and in the treatment of herpes.
Release form and composition
Kagocel is available in the form of tablets of 10 pcs. in blisters, in a carton box there is 1 pack.
The active ingredient of the drug is kagotsel.
The composition of the tablets Kagocel includes: Kagocel (12 mg) and excipients (potato starch, calcium stearate, ludose direct compression Ludipress).
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Kagocel are:
- Treatment and prevention of SARS, including flu, in children after three years and adults;
- Therapy for herpes in adults.
Kagocel has the following contraindications:
- Lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactase deficiency;
- Increased individual sensitivity to the substances of the drug;
- Period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Age up to 3 years.
Dosing and Administration
Kagocel tablets are taken orally.
Adult patients are usually prescribed the drug according to the following scheme:
- Treatment of SARS and flu. 2 tablets 3 times a day for the first 2 days, then 1 tablet 3 times a day for 2 days. Course duration is 4 days (18 tablets).
- Treatment of herpes. 2 tablets 3 times a day for 5 days. Course duration is 5 days (30 tablets).
- Prevention of SARS and flu. 2 tablets 1 time per day for 2 days, then a break of 5 days, after which this cycle is repeated. The duration of the course of prevention - from 7 days to several months.
Children are given Kagocel pills according to this scheme:
- Treatment of SARS and flu in children aged 3-6 years. 1 tablet 2 times a day in the first 2 days, then 1 tablet 1 time a day for 2 days. The duration of treatment is 4 days (6 tablets).
- Treatment of SARS and flu in children over 6 years old. 1 tablet 3 times a day in the first 2 days, then 1 tablet 2 times a day for 2 days. The duration of treatment is 4 days (10 tablets).
- Prevention of SARS and flu in children over 3 years. 1 tablet 1 time per day for 2 days, then a break of 5 days, after which the cycle is repeated. The duration of the course of prevention - from 7 days to several months.
In some cases, the consequence of taking Kagocel may be the development of allergic reactions.
The drug is recommended to start taking no later than 4 days from the onset of the disease.
The influence of Kagocel on the ability to drive vehicles and activities with mechanisms has not been studied.
Kagocel can be used simultaneously with other antiviral agents, antibacterial drugs and immunomodulators.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry, dark place at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.