Isosorbide dinitrate refers to drugs that improve the blood supply to organs and tissues.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of tablets, capsules, concentrate for preparing a solution for infusion, spray sublingual, films for sticking to the gums.
Tablets Isosorbide dinitrate 10 mg, 20 mg, sold in packs of 20, 25 or 50 pcs.
Capsules of Isosorbide dinitrate retard are available in 20 pcs. packaged.
The concentrate for preparing the solution for infusions is sold in 5 ml ampoules, with each package containing 10 ampoules.
Bottles with a metering device for a sublingual spray contain 300 doses of Isosorbide.
The active ingredient of isosorbide dinitrate is isosorbide dinitrate. The tablets of the drug contain 10 mg or 20 mg of the active substance, retard capsules - 20, 40, 60, or 120 mg, concentrate for preparing the solution for infusions - 1 mg / 1 ml, spray sublingual - 1.25 mg / dose.
Indications for use
Isosorbide dinitrate is used in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Angina (for the relief and prevention of seizures);
- Acute myocardial infarction, as well as in rehabilitation therapy after myocardial infarction;
- Arterial hypertension;
- Acute left ventricular failure;
- Pulmonary hypertension;
- Congestive heart failure;
- Chronic pulmonary heart;
- Treatment and prevention of coronary spasm during coronary angiography.
Contraindications of isosorbide dinitrate include:
- Recently suffered head injury;
- Brain hemorrhage;
- Increased intracranial pressure;
- Hypersensitivity to nitrates;
- Collapse, shock;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Heart failure with a low filling pressure of the left ventricle;
- Myocardial infarction;
- Stenosis of the mitral or aortic valves;
- Toxic pulmonary edema;
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with obstruction of the left ventricular outflow tract;
- Lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
Dosing and Administration
Isosorbide dinitrate tablets and capsules are taken one hour before a meal or two hours after a meal, without chewing, with clean water. The dosage, frequency of administration and the duration of the course of therapy are determined by the doctor.
Usually, Izosorbide dinitrate tablets are prescribed in doses of 10–20 mg 4–5 times a day; if necessary, the dosage is increased to 60–120 mg / day, starting from 3-5 days of treatment.
Retard 20 mg capsules, taken 2-3 times a day, 40 mg retard, 60 mg - 2 times a day, 120 mg retard once a day.
When using the spray sublingual Isosorbide dinitrate 1-3 doses, which is 1.25-3.75 mg, injected under the tongue, holding the breath, at intervals of 30 seconds. In the absence of effect, after 5 minutes, repeat the injection.
When taking Isosorbide dinitrate may develop the following side effects:
- A rush of blood to the neck and face;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Orthostatic hypotension;
- Burning sensation at the tip of the tongue;
- Tachycardia, collapse;
- Attention disorder, stiffness, restlessness;
- Cancellation syndrome.
Isosorbide dinitrate is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy. In the second and third trimesters, this drug is prescribed only if the intended benefit of taking it exceeds the possible risk to the fetus.
The side effects of isosorbide dinitrate are enhanced when alcoholic beverages are taken.
In order to prevent the development of addiction, it is recommended to take a break in taking the drug for 3-5 days every 3-6 weeks of therapy.
Analogues of Isosorbidea are as follows: Karvanil, Armadan, Lomilan, Kornilat, Iso Mak, Isoket, Izodinit, Nitrosorbid.
Terms and conditions of storage
Isosorbide dinitrate should be stored at room temperature. Shelf life - no more than three years.