Itrakon - a drug for the treatment of fungal diseases.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of gelatin capsules, which contain spherical granules of cream or white. Capsules are placed in blisters of 5 or 6 pcs. There are three blisters in the carton.
The active ingredient of Itracon is Itraconazole.
The composition of 1 capsule Itrakon includes: itraconazole (100 mg) and excipients (hydropropyl methylcellulose or hypromellose, gelatin, sucrose, dyes, yellow west and azoruby).
Indications for use
Itracon is used in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Mycoses caused by dermatophytes and yeast sensitive to itraconazole;
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis;
- Ringworm, pityriasis versicolor;
- Fungal lesions of the nail plates;
- Candida lesion of the oral cavity;
- Keratitis fungal nature;
- Systemic mycoses, candidiasis, aspergillosis, cryptococcosis;
- Cryptococcal meningitis (in the case of a weakened patient's immunity and the failure of treatment with other antifungal agents);
- Rare systemic and tropical mycoses (blastomycosis, paracoccidioidosis, sporotrichosis, histoplasmosis).
Contraindications to receive Itrakon:
- Acute heart failure;
- Ventricular dysfunction of the heart;
- Increased individual sensitivity to the components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Capsules are ingested without chewing. It is recommended to take the drug after eating high-calorie foods.
Itracon dosing regimen:
- Ringworm: 2 capsules 1 time per day (7 days) or 1 capsule 1 time per day (15 days);
- Pityriasis versicolor: 2 capsules 1 time per day for 7 days;
- Epidermofitiya hands and feet, other lesions with high keratinization: 2 capsules 2 times a day (7 days) or 1 capsule 1 time per day (30 days);
- Fungal keratitis: 2 capsules 1 time per day for 21 days;
- Onychomycosis: 2 capsules per day for 3 months;
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis: 2 capsules 2 times a day (1 day) or 2 capsules 1 time per day (3 days);
- Oral candidiasis: 1 capsule 1 time per day for 15 days.
In the treatment of skin lesions, the therapeutic effect of Itrakon is achieved 2-4 weeks after completion of the course of therapy, and in the treatment of diseases of the nail plates, 6-9 months.
Application of Itracon sometimes causes side effects:
- The nervous system: headache, dizziness, hypesthesia, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy;
- On the part of the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, constipation, flatulence, abdominal pain;
- On the part of the immune system: serum sickness, anaphylactoid and anaphylactic reactions;
- On the part of the lymphatic system and blood: thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, leukopenia;
- On the part of the skin and subcutaneous tissues: toxic epidermal necrolysis, exfoliative dermatitis, erythema multiforme, leukocytoplastic vasculitis, increased photosensitivity, alopecia;
- From the musculoskeletal system and connective tissues: arthralgia, myalgia;
- On the part of the organs of vision: clouding or feeling of the grid before the eyes, diplopia;
- On the part of the hearing organs: tinnitus, hearing loss (temporary or permanent);
- On the part of the kidneys and urinary tract: urinary incontinence, pollakiuria;
- Metabolic disorders: hypokalemia, hyperglyceridemia;
- Reproductive system: erectile dysfunction in men, menstrual disorders in women;
- Allergic reactions: pruritus, urticaria, papulosis rash, angioedema;
- Stephen-Johnson Syndrome;
- Inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- Edema of different localization;
- Toxic damage to the liver, in rare cases - acute liver failure, hepatitis, a recurrent increase in liver enzymes.
The drug contains sugar, so its use is not recommended for patients with diabetes.
In the case of treatment of systemic, recurrent mycoses in AIDS patients, Itracon is prescribed individually for each patient, taking into account the peculiarities of the course of the disease.
The drug is recommended for use in elderly patients only if the effect of its use is greater than the possible risk of side effects.
When applying therapy, Itrakon does not recommend driving or other activities associated with increased concentration of attention.
Do not appoint Itrakon at the same time with Feknithoin, Rifabutin and Rifampicin.
The bioavailability of Itracon is increased by antibacterial drugs such as Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Indinavir, Ritonavir.
It is necessary to take caution with Itracon simultaneously with calcium channel blockers.
Itracon does not interact with Fluvastanin, Zidovudine, Sulfamethasin, Tolbutamide, Indomethacin, Cimetidine, Diazepam, Propranolol, Imipramine.
Dose adjustment is required while taking Itrakona with such drugs:
- Oral anticoagulants;
- Separate anticancer drugs;
- HIV protease inhibitors;
- Immunosuppressive drugs (Rapamycin, Tacrolimus, Cyclosporin);
- Some cardiac glycosides;
- Glucocorticosteroids (Methylprednisolone, Dexamethasone, Budesonide);
- Other drugs belonging to different pharmaceutical groups (Alfentanil, Buspirone, Carbamazepine, Disopyramide, Cilostazol, Fentanyl, Midazolam, Brotizolam, Alprazolam, Halofantrine, Loperamide, Repaglinide, Reboxetine, Ebastine).
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place at temperatures up to 25 ° C.