IRS 19 - a drug to increase local immunity.
Release form and composition
IRS 19 is available in the form of a nasal spray.
The drug is sold in glass aerosol cans (20 ml) with a nozzle and a continuous valve. Each cylinder is placed in a cardboard box.
The composition of the IRS 19 includes the lysates of bacteria (43.27 ml in 100 ml): Staphylococcus aureus ss aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae ss pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae type ryl, cAry, cAry, crcr, rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne. group C, Streptococcus pyogenes group A, Streptococcus pneumoniae type XII, Streptococcus pneumoniae type VIII, Streptococcus pneumoniae type V, Streptococcus pneumoniae type III, Streptococcus pneumoniae type III, Streptococcus pneumoniae type II, Streptococcus pneumoniae type I, Strectococcus pneumoniae type III, Streptococcus pneumoniae type II, Streptococcus pneumoniae type I, Strectococcus pneumoniae type III
Auxiliary substances of the preparation: sodium merthiolate, glycine, flavoring based on nerol (geraniol, alpha-terpineol, linalol, geranyl acetate, limonene, methyl anthranilate, linalyl acetate, phenylethyl alcohol, diethylene glycol monoethyl ether), purified water.
Indications for use
IRS 19 is prescribed to children older than 3 months and adults with such diseases and conditions:
- Therapy of acute and chronic diseases of the bronchi and upper respiratory tract (bronchitis, tracheitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, rhinitis);
- Prevention of chronic diseases of the bronchi and upper respiratory tract;
- Preparation for a planned surgical intervention on the upper respiratory tract, as well as the postoperative period;
- Restoration of local immunity after viral infections, in particular influenza.
Contraindications to the use of IRS 19 are:
- Increased individual sensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Autoimmune diseases.
Dosing and Administration
Before starting to use the balloon put on the nozzle, center it and gently press. The device is ready for use.
IRS 19 is used intranasally by aerosol administration of 1 dose, which is equal to 1 short press of the sprayer. During the injection of the drug, the vial is held vertically, with no need to throw back the head.
With regular use of the IRS 19 is not recommended to remove the nozzle from the bottle.
If the drug is left for a long time without use, a drop of liquid can evaporate. As a result, the crystals formed can block the nozzle outlet. Most often this happens when the nozzle is removed and placed in a pack down the upper end. If the nozzle is blocked, you need to press several times in a row, pushing the fluid out. In the absence of the effect of the nozzle should be lowered for 2-3 minutes in warm water.
Dosing regimen of the drug:
- Therapy of diseases of the bronchi and upper respiratory tract. Adults and children after 3 years - 1 dose in each nasal passage 2-5 times a day; children from 3 months to 3 years - 1 dose in each nasal passage 2 times a day. The drug is used until the complete disappearance of symptoms;
- Disease prevention. Children after 3 months and adults - 1 dose in each nasal passage 2 times a day. A course of 2 weeks, it is recommended to start prophylaxis 2-3 weeks before the expected rise in incidence;
- Preparing for a planned operation and the postoperative period. For children and adults, 1 dose in each nasal passage 2 times a day, a course - 2 weeks;
- Restoring local immunity. For children and adults, 1 dose in each nasal passage 2 times a day, course duration - 2 weeks.
When using IRS 19, the following side effects may develop:
- On the part of the respiratory system: at the beginning of treatment - sinusitis, rhinopharyngitis, bronchitis, laryngitis, rarely - cough and asthma attacks;
- On the part of the digestive system: at the beginning of treatment (rarely) - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain;
- On the part of the skin: rarely - eczema-like and erythema-like reactions, in rare cases - nodular erythema and thrombocytopenic purpura;
- Other: at the beginning of treatment (rarely) - fever for no apparent reason.
If the above symptoms occur, you should consult a doctor.
When using an IRS in 19 patients with asthma, there may be an increase in seizures. In this case, it is necessary to stop therapy and not to take funds of this class in the future.
If clinical signs of bacterial infection appear, it is recommended to consider the advisability of using systemic antibiotics.
The drug does not affect the psychomotor functions that are associated with driving a vehicle or controlling machinery.
Cases of negative interaction of IRS 19 with other drugs are unknown.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a strictly upright position at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.
The bottle must be protected from direct sunlight, heating above 50 ° C. Do not pierce or burn the bottle, even if it is empty.