Instenon is a drug that stimulates metabolism and blood circulation in the brain and myocardium, which has analeptic, antispasmodic and coronarodilating effects.
Release form and composition
Available in the form of:
- Coated instenon tablets (in blisters of 10 pcs., 3 blisters per pack);
- Coated tablets Instenon Forte (in blisters of 10 pcs., 5 blisters per pack);
- Solution for injection (in 2 ml ampoules, 5 ampoules in a carton).
Concentration of active ingredients in Instenon tablets:
- 20 mg of hexobandine dihydrochloride;
- 50 mg of etamivan;
- 60 mg of etofillin.
Concentration of active ingredients in Instenon Forte tablets:
- 60 mg of hexobandine dihydrochloride;
- 100 mg of etamivan;
- 60 mg of etofillin.
Tablet auxiliaries: magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, talc, corn starch, pregelatinized starch.
Shell composition: glycolic mountain wax, povidone K30, macrogol 6000, acacia gum, talc, sucrose, titanium dioxide. Orange tablets, in addition, contain the sunset sunset dye yellow.
In 1 ml of solution contains:
- 5 mg of hexobandine dihydrochloride;
- 25 mg of etamivan;
- 50 mg of etofillin.
Excipients: injectable water, propylene glycol, disodium edetate.
Indications for use
Instenon is prescribed for:
- Brain diseases of vascular genesis or associated with age-related changes;
- Vertigo due to functional disorders of the brain;
- Post-stroke conditions;
- The consequences of insufficient blood supply to the brain.
Instenon is contraindicated in:
- Convulsive syndrome;
- Intense agitation;
- Brain hemorrhage;
- Symptoms of increased intracranial pressure (prolonged headache, vomiting, visual impairment);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Patients who have recently had a stroke, as well as patients with carotid artery stenosis due to arteriosclerosis, should be under special observation during the treatment with Instenon.
The drug can be used during pregnancy and lactation, but only in the presence of vital indications.
Dosing and Administration
The solution is intended for intramuscular and intravenous (slow or drip) administration.
The dosage is determined depending on the patient's condition. As a rule, enter:
- in / m or slowly in / in - 1 ampoule 1 or 2 times a day;
- in / in drip - 1 ampoule with 250 ml of 5% solution of levulose 1-2 times a day.
After improving the condition of the patient, they are transferred to the oral administration of the drug: 1-2 tablets Instenon three times a day or 1 tablet Instenon Forte three times a day. In some cases, it is possible to increase the dose to 5 tablets forte per day. The course of treatment is 6 weeks.
Basically, the drug is well tolerated. With the rapid introduction of possible discomfort in the heart, lowering blood pressure, short-term tachycardia, minor headache, facial flushing. These phenomena disappear when the administration is stopped or the dosage is reduced.
When using Instenon in high doses, sometimes headaches, facial flushing and tachycardia occur. In this case, the drug should be discontinued until the condition is normalized, and then resume taking at a lower dose.
The duration of the introduction of one vial should be at least 3 minutes, because with rapid infusion there is a risk of lowering blood pressure.
During the treatment period:
- It is not recommended to use large quantities of coffee and tea, because high doses of caffeine reduce the effectiveness of instenon;
- Care should be taken when driving vehicles and performing potentially hazardous jobs that require speed of reaction and increased attention.
Instenon enhances inhibition of platelet aggregation of acetylsalicylic acid and other drugs that reduce the activity of platelets, resulting in increased antiplatelet effect.
According to their belonging to the same pharmacological group, Instenon's analogues are drugs of Bolyusa Huato, Vasobral, and Campo Kangen.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place. The optimum temperature for tablets is 15-25 ºС, for a solution - 2-8 ºС.
The shelf life of the tablets is 5 years, the solution is 3 years.