Inspiron is a drug used in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract and respiratory tract.
Release form and composition
Inspiron is produced in the form of film-coated tablets (10 tablets in a blister, 3 blisters per package) and syrup (150 ml each in bottles).
The composition of 1 tablet contains 80 mg of the active substance - fenspiride hydrochloride, and auxiliary components: a mixture for coating, hypromellose, anhydrous colloidal dioxide silicon, calcium phosphate, dihydrate, magnesium stearate, povidone.
The composition of 1 ml of syrup includes 2 mg of the active substance - fenspiride hydrochloride, and auxiliary components: licorice root extract, potassium sorbate, saccharin sodium, glycerin, refined sugar, purified water, honey lime flavor, vanilla, Е102, Е 218, Е 216, E124.
Indications for use
Inspiron is prescribed for the complex treatment of inflammatory pathologies of the respiratory tract and upper respiratory tract (chronic and acute course), including:
- Bronchial asthma;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Also, the drug is indicated for:
- Pathogenetic treatment of respiratory symptoms of influenza, infectious diseases, measles;
- Treatment of year-round and seasonal allergic inflammation of the nasal mucosa, other allergic manifestations from the ENT organs and the respiratory tract;
- Symptomatic therapy of pertussis infection.
The use of Inspiron is contraindicated in the presence of hypersensitivity to its components.
Nursing and pregnant women do not prescribe the drug.
Syrup is not recommended for patients with hereditary intolerance to galactose, lactase deficiency or malabsorption syndrome of glucose / galactose.
Dosing and Administration
Inspiron in the form of a syrup should be taken before meals, after shaking the bottle of medicine. Recommended daily dosage:
- Children under 14 years old - 4 mg / kg of body weight (with a weight up to 10 kg - 10-20 ml, 10-45 kg - 75-90 ml). Young children can mix syrup with food, for example, with baby food;
- Adults and teenagers over 14 years old - 75-90 ml.
The frequency of taking the drug - 2-3 times a day.
Tablets taken before meals. In chronic diseases, the average daily therapeutic dose for adults is 2 tablets, the number of times taken is 2 times a day, preferably with equal intervals between doses. If necessary, the daily dose can be increased to 3 tablets per day, keeping an interval of 8 hours between them.
The duration of the treatment course is determined by the doctor. Depending on the evidence, it can vary from 7 days (acute pathologies) to 2 months (chronic diseases).
When using Inspiron may develop:
- Gastrointestinal disorders: vomiting, nausea, dyspepsia, gastric pain (often);
- Cardiovascular manifestations: sinus tachycardia (rare);
- Nervous system disorders: drowsiness, agitation (rarely);
- Allergic manifestations: angioedema, rash, erythema, urticaria, fixed erythema pigment (very rare);
- General disorders: weakness, asthenia (rare).
When taking Inspiron in excess of the recommended dosage, drowsiness, agitation, vomiting, nausea, sinus tachycardia may occur. In this case, gastric lavage and symptomatic therapy are indicated. You should also monitor the ECG.
Perhaps the simultaneous use of Inspiron with antibiotic and antipyretic drugs.
Analogues of Inspiron are: Erespal, Fenspirid.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the drug - 2 years. After opening the bottle, store the syrup for no more than 30 days.