Inosine is a drug with metabolic, antiarrhythmic and antihypoxic action.
Release form and composition
Inosin dosage form - tablets (50 each in a package).
The active ingredient of the drug is inosine, 1 tablet contains 0.2 g.
Additional components: sucrose, starch, calcium stearate and Opadry II Yellow dye.
Indications for use
Inosine is used for:
- Ischemic heart disease, including myocardial infarction, cardiac arrhythmias, and coronary insufficiency;
- Congenital and acquired heart defects;
- Cardiomyopathies of various genesis;
- Rheumatic heart defects;
- Digital intoxication;
- Coronary atherosclerosis;
- Dystrophic changes of the myocardium (including infectious and endocrine genesis, due to heavy physical exertion);
- Pulmonary heart;
- Liver diseases, including acute and chronic hepatitis, fatty dystrophy and liver cirrhosis, medicinal and alcohol damage;
- Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- Poisoning drugs;
- Leukopenia (as a prophylactic during the period of radioactive radiation).
Inosine use is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Special supervision during treatment is necessary for patients with a renal failure and diseases of kidneys.
In pregnancy, Inosine is prescribed only for health reasons.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets should be taken orally 3-4 times a day. Treatment begins with a daily dose of 0.6-0.8 g. If the effect is insufficient, but well tolerated, after 2-3 days it is increased to 1.2-1.6-2.4 g. The duration of use is 4-12 weeks.
With lesson-proporphyria, a daily dose of 0.8 g is prescribed (0.2 g four times a day), the course of treatment is from 1 to 3 months.
Possible side effects of Inosine:
- Allergic reactions, manifested by itching of the skin, urticaria, hyperemia.
With long-term use of the drug in high doses, exacerbation of gout is possible.
Cases of overdose of inosine were not registered in medical practice.
Inosine enhances the action of antiarrhythmic, inotropic and antianginal drugs, lanatozida C, and its effect increases with simultaneous use of ethylthiobenzimidazole.
The effectiveness of Inosine is reduced by azathioprine, antithymocyte immunoglobulin and cyclosporin.
With the combined use of the drug with zidovudine increases the risk and frequency of side effects.
If allergic reactions occur, the drug should be withdrawn.
Riboxin, Riboxin-Vial, Riboxin-LekT, Riboxin Bufus, Riboxin-Ferein, Riboxin-Darnitsa, Riboxin-Biofarma, Riboxin Solution for Injection, Riboxin Tablets, coated. Inosine-BHFZ, Inosine-Eskom, Ribonozin, Inosie-F.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 15-20 ° C in a place protected from sunlight and out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.