Influcid is a homeopathic remedy that strengthens the immune system, has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant and mucolytic action. It is used for colds and flu.
Release form and composition
Influcid is available in the form of:
- Tablets for sucking (20 pcs. In a blister, 3 blisters per pack);
- Solution for oral administration (in dark-glass dropper bottles with a volume of 30 ml, 1 bottle in a carton box).
Active ingredients (in 1 tablet / 1 gram of solution):
- Phosphorus D5 (25/100 mg);
- Gelsemium D3 (25/100 mg);
- Ipecacuanha D3 (25/100 mg);
- Aconitum D3 (25/100 mg);
- Bryonia D2 (25/100 mg);
- Eupatorium perfoliatum D1 (25/100 mg).
- Tablets: magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate and wheat starch;
- Solution: purified water, 96% ethanol and Eucalyptus globulusØ.
Indications for use
Influcid is intended for the treatment and prevention of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections.
The only contraindication to the use of the drug is hypersensitivity to at least one of its constituent components.
In the form of tablets Influcid is not prescribed to children under 3 years of age.
During pregnancy and lactation, a homeopathic remedy is prescribed only if the expected benefit to the woman outweighs the potential risks to the fetus / child.
Dosing and Administration
The drug must be taken half an hour before meals or half an hour after meals. Tablets need to slowly dissolve in the mouth. Children 3-5 years old pill can be given in crushed form under the tongue or dissolved in a small amount of liquid.
In case of acute illness it is recommended to take:
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 1 tablet every hour, but not more than 12 times during the day;
- Children 6-12 years old - 1 tablet every hour, but not more than 8 times a day;
- Children 3-6 years old - 1 tablet every 2 hours, but not more than 6 times a day.
After improving the condition of the drug, it is recommended to take until complete recovery three times a day:
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 1-2 tabl .;
- Children 6-12 years old - 1 tab.
- Children 3-6 years old - 1/2 table.
For acute diseases in the form of a solution, Influcid take 10 drops every hour, but not more than 12 times during the day. After improving the condition - 10-20 drops 3 times a day. The duration of the drug is determined by the complete disappearance of the symptoms of the disease.
For the prevention of acute respiratory viral infections in the form of Influcid tablets prescribed:
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 1 tab. 3 times a day;
- Children 6-12 years old - 1 tab. 2 times a day;
- Children 3-6 years old - 1/2 table. 2 times a day.
For prophylactic purposes, Influcid solution adults and children over 12 years old take 10-20 drops three times a day.
Basically, the drug is well tolerated. In individual cases, allergic reactions may develop.
Cases of overdose of Influcid were not registered in medical practice.
Like all homeopathic medicines, Influcid can cause temporary deterioration. In this case, it is recommended to stop taking it and consult with your doctor about the appropriateness of further treatment.
Consultation with a doctor is also necessary if the condition does not improve with acute illness after 2 days.
Due to the lactose content of monohydrate and wheat starch, Influcid in tablet form can have a negative effect on people with lactose intolerance and celiac disease, respectively. Such patients should choose the drug in the form of a solution.
Pharmacological interaction Influcid with other drugs is not installed.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place, tablets - at a temperature of 15-25 ºC, solution - at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children!
The shelf life of the solution - 5 years, tablets - 3 years.