Indocallir refers to drugs used in ophthalmology.
Release form and composition
Drops of Indokollir 1% are produced in plastic dropper bottles of 5 ml. Each bottle is placed in a cardboard box.
The drug is a clear, almost colorless solution. Indocollyrex active ingredient - indomethacin. 1 ml of solution contains: indomethacin (1 mg) and excipients (arginine, thiomersal, hydrochloric acid, hydroxypropyl beta-cyclodextrin, purified water).
Indications for use:
Indications for the use of Indocollir are:
- Therapy for non-infectious conjunctivitis;
- Prevention and treatment of inflammation after surgery on the eyeball;
- Inhibition of miosis during cataract surgery;
- Prevention of cystic edema of the macula after cataract surgery;
- Prevention and treatment of post-traumatic inflammatory processes in non-penetrating and penetrating injuries of the eyeball in complex local antimicrobial therapy.
Application Indokollir not recommended for the following diseases and conditions:
- Individual hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Hypersensitivity to NSAIDs and acetylsalicylic acid, which is manifested by the development of rhinitis, urticaria, attacks of bronchial asthma;
- Peptic ulcer;
- Severe liver and kidney function.
It is not recommended to use Indocollir in pediatric practice.
Dosing and Administration
Indokollir prescribed for instillation in the conjunctival sac. Wash hands before use. During the instillation of the droplets, care must be taken that there is no contact between the dropper tip and the mucous membrane, cornea, skin and eyelashes. To drip Indocollier, it is necessary to tilt your head back slightly, then pull the lower eyelid with your finger and drop the prescribed number of drops into the conjunctival sac.
The dosage of the drug and the duration of the course of therapy are determined by the doctor for each patient individually.
Typically, an Indocollier is assigned according to the following scheme:
- Elimination of miosis during surgery. On 1 drop of solution within two hours with an interval of 30 minutes (4 times) before operation;
- After surgery for cataracts or surgery on the anterior chamber of the eye. On 1 drop of Indokollir to 6 times a day. At the same time, the use of the drug is started 24 hours before the planned operation and continues until the symptoms disappear;
- Elimination of pain after photorefractive keratectomy. One drop of Indocollir up to 4 times per day. The recommended course of treatment leaves 3-4 days after surgery. Patients who are at risk of developing infectious eye diseases, additionally prescribed antimicrobial agents;
- Other indications. 1 drop 3-4 times a day, depending on the condition of the patient. The course of therapy usually lasts 1-4 weeks.
When using the drug may develop some side effects. The most common are the following:
- Mild or moderate burning sensation and temporary blurred vision after instillation of Indocollyr, with prolonged use of the drug sometimes develops conjunctivitis, corneal clouding;
- Rarely - redness and itching of the skin.
In the case of prolonged use of the drug increases the risk of systemic side effects of indomethacin.
Indocollir is not prescribed in the third trimester of pregnancy due to the risk of developing renal dysfunction and bleeding in the fetus. Indomethacin can also adversely affect the lungs and the cardiovascular system of the fetus. In the first and second trimesters, Indocollir is prescribed with caution and only if other drugs do not have the desired effect.
The drug is excreted in breast milk, therefore, during the treatment period with Indocollyr, breastfeeding should be stopped.
With simultaneous use of Indocollir and thrombolytic agents, the risk of bleeding increases significantly.
It is not recommended to use the drug simultaneously with local and systemic non-narcotic analgesics.
Only under the close supervision of a physician is it possible to prescribe Indocollir in combination therapy with ticlopidine, lithium preparations, heparin, diflunisal, oral anticoagulants, methotrexate (in dosage more than 15 mg per week).
Simultaneous use of the drug with local ophthalmic agents that contain glucocorticosteroids is allowed.
Indocollier can reduce the contraceptive effect of intrauterine contraceptives.
When complex therapy Indokollir with other ophthalmologic agents, the interval between their use should be at least 20 minutes.
During the period of drug treatment is not recommended to use contact lenses. In case of emergency contact lenses are installed 15 minutes after instillation.
It is not recommended to drive a vehicle or complex mechanisms during the first 30 minutes after eye instillation with drops of Indocollir.
The analogues of Indocollir include: Diclofenac, Dexamethasone, Diklo F, Indovis EU, Indobene, Indomethacin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Eye drops Indocollir should be stored at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C. Do not freeze the drug.
Shelf life is 1.5 years.
After the first opening of the bottle, Indocollir should be used within 15 days. Further use of the drug is prohibited.