Indian onion (poultryworm) is a plant with wound healing, anesthetic and antimicrobial properties.
Indian onion leaves contain:
- Organic acids;
- Essential oils;
- Vegetable alkaloids (colchicine, glycoalkaloid, thiocolchicine, colchicoid).
It has been experimentally established that the juice of Indian onion has a wound healing, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anticoagulant and cauterizing effect. In addition, when applied topically, the plant stimulates blood flow to the diseased area.
The phytoncidal properties of Indian onions are known, thanks to which it acts as a bactericidal agent, purifying the air.
Indications for use
The plant is often used in the treatment of many diseases. Most often it is used in such diseases and conditions:
- Respiratory diseases;
- Bruises and injuries;
- Benign tumors;
- Salt deposits;
- Insect bites;
- Heel spur;
- Abscesses, purulent ulcers;
- Puffiness and leg cramps;
Indian onions - a poisonous plant that can not be taken orally. It is used only externally and with great care. Often the use of this plant causes the development of allergic reactions.
Contraindication to the use of Indian onions is thrombophlebitis, especially in the acute stage.
You also can not use the plant with individual intolerance to its juice. To determine the presence or absence of such a phenomenon, a small test should be conducted before using Indian onions. A small piece of the plant needs to be stretched to release mucus from it. Apply a small amount of this mucus to the bend of the elbow joint and observe the skin at the site of application during the day. If redness or rash does not appear, it is possible to use a healing plant.
Indian onion homemade medicine
Old Indian onion leaves have the greatest therapeutic effect. And you should not cut them in advance in advance. It is best to take a piece of paper immediately before use. It is believed that the plant itself indicates whether it will help a particular person. If a person feels tingling and burning when applying a piece of paper to a sore spot, then its use will be effective. In the absence of any pain, treatment will be ineffective.
The most popular are the following homemade Indian onion recipes:
- When the heel spur. Fresh potato is rubbed on a grater along with the peel, then a crushed leaf of a plant is added to it. All thoroughly mixed and put on a gauze, folded in 4-6 layers. Apply a compress to the spur, top cover with a bandage. Compress hold for a day, then change to fresh. The course of such treatment is 7 days;
- With bronchitis and osteochondrosis. Arrows and leaves of Indian onion (20 g) are crushed and poured with vodka (100 ml). Dishes with tincture put in a dark place for 7-10 days, occasionally shaking. Then the liquid is filtered and stored in the refrigerator. When bronchitis is rubbed with tincture of the upper chest, then wrapped with a warm scarf. Also rubbing the back along the spine with osteochondrosis. The course of therapy is 7-10 days.
- With toothache. In the case of swelling of the gums or flux apply lotion with the juice of Indian onions. To do this, in a glass of warm boiled water dissolve the baking soda (1 tsp.) And the sap of the plant (1 tsp.). In this solution, the cotton wool is moistened and applied to the aching tooth, changing every hour. Usually in 1-2 days the toothache passes.