Imunofan refers to drugs that stimulate the immune system.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of rectal suppositories, nasal dosage spray and solution for subcutaneous and intramuscular administration.
Rectal suppositories Imunofan 5 pcs. placed in blisters, 1 pack in a carton box.
Spray nasal dosage is implemented in plastic bottles with a metering device, designed for 40 doses. Each bottle is placed in a cardboard box.
The solution for subcutaneous and intramuscular administration of Imunofan is sold in 1 ml ampoules. In the carton are 5 vials of the drug.
Imunofan's active ingredient is imunofan (arginyl-alpha-aspartyl-lysyl-valyl-tyrosyl — arginine).
Suppositories for rectal use Imunofan contain: imunofan (100 µg) and excipients (solid fat, glycine, tween 80, purified water).
One dose of nasal spray Imunofan contains: Imunofan (50 µg) and excipients (glycine, benzalkonium chloride, Trilon B, sodium chloride, purified water).
The composition of the solution for the / m and s / to the introduction include: imunofan (50 μg) and excipients (sodium chloride, glycine, water for injection).
Indications for use
Imunofan is used in the complex therapy of immunodeficiency states. He is prescribed in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Herpes virus 1 and type 2, toxoplasma, cytomegalovirus, chlamydia, cryptospores;
- Chronic hepatitis C and B;
- HIV infection and AIDS;
- Tumors that are caused by HPV;
- Rheumatoid arthritis;
- Bacterial endocarditis;
- Long-healing wounds, burns.
The drug Imunofan is used for the prevention and treatment of chronic and acute infectious and inflammatory diseases.
In adult patients, rectal suppositories and solution for i / m and s / c administration Imunofan are used as an adjuvant for vaccination against viral and bacterial infections.
Contraindications to the use of Imunofan are such states:
- Individual hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Children's age up to two years.
Dosing and Administration
The single and daily dosage of the solution for i / m and s / c injection is 50 mg. Daily and single dose of rectal suppositories - 1 suppository (100 µg).
When using a nasal Imunofan spray, the bottle is held vertically, upwards with a spray bottle, then the protective cap is removed from the spray bottle. Before first use, the dosing pump must be filled. To do this, press 3-4 times on the wide rim of the dispenser. After that, insert the nebulizer into the nasal passage, head held vertically. Press the wide rim of the sprayer once until it stops. A single dose of the drug contains 50 μg of the active substance. Daily dosage should not exceed 200 mcg.
The frequency and duration of treatment depends on the disease and is:
- For oncological diseases as part of combined radical treatment: 1 time per day, 8-10 days (8-10 suppositories, injections or spray doses) before surgery and chemoradiation therapy, followed by a repetition of the course throughout the entire treatment time, taking breaks of 15-20 days;
- When common tumor processes 3-4 stages of different localization in the form of symptomatic or complex treatment: 1 time per day, 8-10 days (8-10 suppositories, injections or spray doses), then take a break for 15-20 days and repeat courses of therapy intermittently during the entire period of therapy;
- In chronic and acute infectious and inflammatory diseases that are accompanied by signs of an immunodeficiency state and intoxication: 1 dose of Imunofan nasal spray in each nasal passage twice a day, for 10-15 days;
- For herpetic and CMV infection, cryptosporidosis, pneumocystosis, chlamydia, toxoplasmosis: solution for i / m and subcutaneous injection and rectal suppositories - 1 time per day, the course of therapy - 15-20 days; Spray nasal 1 dose twice a day, the course of treatment is 10-15 days. Courses repeated after 2-4 weeks if necessary;
- In case of HIV infection: 1 time per day, the course of therapy is 15-20 days, repetition of the course of treatment is possible after an interval of 2-4 weeks;
- For diphtheria: 1 time per day, the course of therapy is 8-10 days. In case of diphtheria carrier, 1 time in three days, in a course of 3-5 suppositories (3-5 injections);
- In chronic brucellosis and chronic viral hepatitis: 1 time per day, the course of therapy is 15-20 days. In order to prevent recurrence, repeat the course in 2-3 months, in case of using a nasal spray - in 4-6 months;
- For psoriasis: 1 time per day, the course of therapy is 15-20 days;
- In rheumatoid arthritis, cholecystopancreatitis, broncho-obstructive syndrome: 1 time in three days, the course of treatment is 8-10 suppositories or 8-10 injections. If necessary, it is possible to continue therapy up to 20 suppositories or injections according to the same scheme;
- In case of burns of 3-4 degrees with symptoms of septicotoxemia and toxemia, in surgical patients with purulent-septic complications, long-term healing wounds of the extremities, septic endocarditis: once a day, the course of therapy is 7-10 days, if necessary, therapy is continued up to 20 days.
Children are prescribed the following dosages of Imunofan:
- With malignant diseases of the lymphoid and hematopoietic systems: 1 time per day for 10-20 days. The drug is prescribed throughout the course of chemoradiation therapy, as well as after its completion in order to prevent the development of toxicosis;
- For papillomatosis of the oropharynx and larynx: 1 time per day, the course is 10 days.
Imunofan in most cases does not cause side effects. Sometimes it is possible the development of allergic reactions.
When using Imunofan, phagocytosis is activated, which can lead to a short-term exacerbation of foci of chronic inflammation.
In the case of pregnancy complicated by Rh-conflict, it is contraindicated to use rectal suppositories and solution for intramuscular injection and subcutaneous injection. Spray nasal Imunofan should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Analogues of Imunofan are: Imunorix, Imudon, Immunorm, Immunomax, Imiquimod, Echinokor, Helixor, Phlogenzim, Uro Vaksom, Thymusamin, Thymogen, Superlymph, Sporobacterin, Ribomunil, Respitan, Profetal, Posterizan, Pyrogenal, Zyx, Sn, V, Pomogenel, Cryptoxteron, Ribomunil, Resitan, Profetal, Posterizan, Pyrogenal, Apros, Pyrogenal, Zyroxinus , Molixan, Mielopid, Likopid, Yodantipirin, Zadaksin, Derinat, Groprinosin, Gepon, Vilozen, Broncho-munal, Backspin, Arpetolid, Anaferon, Aktipol, Actinolizate.
Terms and conditions of storage
The preparation Imunofan should be stored in a place protected from sunlight, at a temperature of 2 ° C to 10 ° C.
Imunofan shelf life is two years.