Iberogast is a complex phytopreparation with anti-inflammatory effect, used in the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Release form and composition
Iberogast is released in the form of drops for oral administration (clear or slightly turbid dark brown liquid, with the formation of a slight precipitate may form), 20 ml, 50 ml, 100 ml in dark glass bottles with a dropper, 1 bottle in a cardboard bundle.
100 ml of drops contain the active substances (in the form of a liquid extract):
- 15 ml of a whole fresh Iberian bitter plant (Cruciferae, Iberis amara L.);
- 20 ml of camomile flowers (Compositae, Martricaria chamomilla L.);
- 10 ml of herb celandine May (Papaveraceacae, Chelidonium majus L.);
- 10 ml of angelica roots (Umbelliferae, Angelica archangelica L.);
- 10 ml of milk thistle fruits (Compositae, Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn.);
- 10 ml of common cumin (Umbelliferae, Carum carvi L.);
- 5 ml of peppermint leaves (Labiatae, Mentha piperita L.);
- 10 ml of lemon balm leaves (Labiatae, Melissa officinalis L.);
- 10 ml of licorice root (Leguminosae, Glycyrrhiza glabra L.).
Auxiliary component: ethanol (in a volume ratio of about 31%).
Indications for use
Iberogast is prescribed for the treatment of:
- Gastritis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer (as part of a comprehensive treatment);
- Functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (including irritable bowel syndrome), manifested by spasms of the intestine or stomach, heaviness in the epigastric region, nausea, belching, flatulence, diarrhea, constipation or alternation.
Iberogast application is contraindicated:
- With calculous cholecystitis;
- When hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Children under 18 years (due to lack of clinical data).
The drug should not be used for lactating and pregnant women.
Iberogast is prescribed with caution when:
- Liver disease;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Brain Disease.
Dosing and Administration
Iberogast is taken orally before or during meals, with a small amount of water. A single dose - 20 drops, the multiplicity of reception - 3 times a day.
The duration of treatment is 28 days. Increasing the duration of the course and re-treatment is possible on the recommendation of a doctor
With the use of Iberogast may develop allergic skin reactions, shortness of breath, as well as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
With the development of adverse reactions should discontinue the drug and consult a doctor.
The content of ethyl alcohol in the composition of Iberogast is 29.5-32.6% (by volume). In a single dosage (20 drops) contains up to 0.24 g of absolute ethanol, in the maximum daily dosage (60 drops) - up to 0.72 g.
During storage of drops, a slight turbidity or precipitation may occur, which does not affect the therapeutic efficacy of the drug. Before using the drug the contents of the vial should be shaken.
When used in recommended dosages, Iberogast does not affect the ability to drive vehicles and work with machinery.
Analogues of Iberogast on the mechanism of action are: Hibiscus flowers, Itopra, Neobutin, Potentilla rhizomes, Trimebutina maleate, Alder seedlings and other gastrointestinal agents.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the drug - 2 years.