Grippostad is a drug with analgesic, anti-edema and antipyretic effects, used in the symptomatic treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases and to relieve pain syndrome.
Release form and composition
Grippostad is available in the form of capsules and powder for preparing a solution for internal use (Grippostad C), nasal spray and nasal drops (Grippostad Rino).
The main active ingredients in the preparation are:
- Capsules - caffeine, ascorbic acid, paracetamol, chlorpheniramine maleate;
- Powder - paracetamol, ascorbic acid;
- Nasal spray, nasal drops - Xylometazoline hydrochloride.
As excipients in the preparation used:
- Capsules - glyceryl tristearate, lactose monohydrate, gelatin;
- Powder - colloidal silicon dioxide, ethylcellulose, citric acid, sucrose, aspartame, lemon flavoring;
- Nasal spray - benzalkonium chloride, citric acid, sodium citrate, glycerin, purified water;
- Nasal drops - benzalkonium chloride, citric acid monohydrate, glycerol, sodium citrate dihydrate, purified water.
Grippostad capsules are available in blisters, 10 or 20 pieces per pack; powder - in paper bags, 5 pieces per pack; nasal spray - in bottles of 10 ml with a spray; nasal drops - in glass vials of 10 ml with a pipette.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Grippostad in the form of capsules and powder is used for:
- Feverish syndrome on the background of infectious and inflammatory diseases;
- Weak or moderate pain syndrome (toothache, headache, neuralgia, migraine, myalgia, algomenorrhea, arthralgia).
According to the instructions, Grippostad as a nasal spray and drops is used for:
- Acute respiratory diseases accompanied by rhinitis;
- Acute allergic rhinitis;
- Otitis media;
- Preparation for diagnostic procedures in the nasal passages.
According to the instructions, Grippostad in the form of capsules and powder is not used for:
- The presence of a patient's hypersensitivity to the drug components;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Portal hypertension;
- Prostatic hypertrophy, followed by the formation of residual urine;
- Uncontrolled arterial hypertension;
- Expressed renal or hepatic impairment;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Severe arrhythmias;
And also during pregnancy, during breastfeeding, at the age of 15 years.
Grippostad carefully used for:
- Congenital hyperbilirubinemia;
- Renal or hepatic insufficiency;
- Exacerbations of erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Dosing and Administration
Capsules and powder Grippostad intended for oral administration.
Capsules take 2 pieces with a liquid. The drug can be taken 3-4 times a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours. The maximum dosage is 12 capsules per day.
Powder Grippostad take one sachet 3-4 times a day with an interval of at least 6-8 hours. The contents of the bag pour into a glass and pour 200 ml of hot water and mix. The resulting drink should be warm.
Capsules and powder should not be taken for more than 3 days without a doctor's recommendation.
Nasal spray is prescribed only to patients over 6 years of age on 1 injection 3-4 times a day.
Nasal drops are prescribed to patients older than 6 years (0.1% solution), 2-3 drops 3-4 times a day in each nasal passage. Children under the age of 6 years are prescribed a 0.05% solution of 1-2 drops 1-2 times a day in each nasal passage.
Nasal spray and drops should not be used for more than 5-7 days. It is possible to reapply Grippostad in the form of a spray and drops in a few days on the recommendation of a doctor.
When using Grippostad, adverse reactions may develop:
- Capsules - urticaria, skin rash, itching, angioedema, difficulty urinating, nausea, epigastric pain, dry mouth, anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia. With long-term use of Grippostad in the amount of more than 12 capsules per day, the hepato-and nephrotoxic effect of the drug is manifested, violations of the blood system, erosive-ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract occur;
- Powder - skin rash, urticaria, pruritus, angioedema, epigastric pain, nausea, anemia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia. With long-term use in high doses, hepato-and nephrotoxic effects of the drug appear, blood formation disorders occur;
- Nasal drops and spray - irritation, dry nasal mucosa, tingling, burning in the nasal years, sneezing, hypersecretion (with prolonged or frequent use).
When using Grippostad, it should be borne in mind that:
- If the symptoms of hyperthermia do not stop for more than 3 days, and the pain syndrome does not decrease for more than 5 days, then you should consult a doctor;
- Ascorbic acid in capsules and powder distorts the results of tests for plasma uric acid and glucose levels;
- When taking the drug for more than 5 days, you should check the functional state of the liver and the picture of peripheral blood;
- Simultaneously with Grippostad, do not use other drugs containing paracetamol, NSAIDs, other non-narcotic analgesics, barbiturates, rifampicin, anti-epileptic drugs, chloramphenicol;
- Prior to the start of treatment by Grippostad, people prone to alcohol should consult a physician;
- In patients with kidney and liver disease, Gilbert's syndrome, the dosage of the drug should be reduced or the interval between doses should be increased.
Analogues of Grippostad are such drugs as Efferalgan, Paracetamol, Mexavit, Daleron C, Apap C Plus.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature of not more than 30 ° in places with limited access of children no more than four years.