Grandaxine is a drug from the group of benzodiazepine derivatives. It has anxiolytic properties, while not having an anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant and sedative action.
Release form and composition
Grandaxin is available in the form of flat, shaped like a disc, round tablets of white or white with a grayish tint. On one side of the tablet there is a risk, on the other - engraved “GRANDAX”.
Grandaxine's active ingredient is tofisopam. Its concentration in one tablet is 50 mg. Stearic acid, potato starch, magnesium stearate, lactose in the form of monohydrate, talc, gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose are used as auxiliary components.
Indications for use
Grandaxine is used to treat:
- Reactive (psychogenic) depression with moderately severe psychopathological symptoms;
- Neuroses and pseudo-neurotic conditions (neuropsychiatric disorders that are characterized by emotional stress, a moderate increase in anxiety, apathy, decreased activity, the appearance of obsessive experiences, autonomic disorders);
- Serious mental post-traumatic disorders associated with a single traumatic situation or systematically repeated episodes;
- Pathologic climax
- Premenstrual syndrome;
- Cardialgia (both as a monotherapeutic agent and in combination with other drugs);
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome;
- Neurogenic muscular atrophy, myopathy, myasthenia, and other pathological conditions that are accompanied by secondary neurotic symptoms and in which anxiolytics (tranquilizers) are contraindicated, which have a pronounced muscle relaxant effect.
The use of Grandaxine is contraindicated:
- Patients whose symptoms of the disease are accompanied by a strong psychomotor agitation, deep depression or aggressiveness;
- With total pulmonary obstruction syndrome;
- In combination with cyclosporine, sirolimus or tacrolimus;
- With obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (including a history);
- Pregnant women;
- During lactation;
- When hypersensitivity to the components of Grandaxine and / or any other benzodiazepine drug.
With caution, an agent is prescribed for organic brain lesions (including lesions caused by intoxication, traumatic brain injury or atherosclerosis), self-perception disorders, decompensated respiratory distress syndrome, angle-closure glaucoma, acute respiratory failure, epilepsy.
Dosing and Administration
According to the instructions to Grandaksin, the dosage regimen of the drug should be set individually, taking into account the clinical situation, the nature of the disease, the general condition of the patient and the response to treatment.
For an adult, a single dose of tofisopam is 50 or 100 mg. The multiplicity of applications depends on the clinical form of the disease and varies from 1 to 3 times per day.
With the occasional use of Grandaxine (as needed), 1-2 tablets are allowed to drink.
Do not take tofisopam dose greater than 300 mg / day.
Elderly patients, as well as people with kidney function deficiency are advised to give twice the smaller dose.
According to the instructions, the following side effects may occur in some patients while using Grandaxine:
- Increased irritability;
- Psychomotor agitation;
- Increased seizure threshold (in patients with epilepsy);
- Confusion of consciousness;
- Loss of appetite;
- Flatulence and constipation;
- Dry mouth;
Cholestatic jaundice (in some cases);
- Itchy skin;
- Tension and muscle soreness.
Side effects of Grandaxine most often develop in elderly people, patients with functional disorders of the kidneys and / or liver, mental retardation.
You should not assign Grandaxine to patients suffering from phobias, chronic psychosis and obsessive-compulsive disorder. This is due to the fact that the drug can provoke an attack of aggression or an attempt of suicide.
For the same reason, Grandaxine is not recommended as an independent remedy for depression, including if it is accompanied by increased anxiety.
The composition of the drug includes lactose (concentration in a single tablet - 92 mg), which should be remembered by patients with hypolactasia.
When combined, Grandaxine enhances the pharmacological effect of drugs that inhibit the functions of the central nervous system, for example, has a pronounced sedative effect or inhibits respiration.
The use of Grandaxine in combination with drugs that induce liver enzymes (antiepileptic drugs, nicotine, ethanol, barbiturates) enhances the metabolism of tofisopam, which may cause a decrease in its plasma concentration and a weakening of the therapeutic effect.
Separate antimycotics can lead to slower hepatic metabolism of Grandaxine and thereby increase its plasma concentration.
The drug does not have a significant effect on the ability to concentrate and the reaction rate.
Alzolam, Alprazolam, Gidazepam, Mezapam, Lorafen, Relium, Relanium, Seduxen, Sibazon, Tazepam, Chelex, Hlozepid, Elenium, Diamidazepam.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at 15-25 ° C. Shelf life - 5 years.
From pharmacies prescription.