Grammidine is an antibiotic drug used topically in ENT practice and dentistry, which has a pronounced antibacterial effect.
Release form and composition
Make tablets for resorption Grammidin in the following variations:
- Grammidine - white and yellowish tablets, each containing 1.5 mg Gramicidin C, as well as excipients: milk sugar, calcium stearate, methylcellulose, sugar). In packs of 10 tablets;
- Grammidine NEO - round white tablets containing 1 mg of cetylpyridinium chloride and 3 mg of Gramicidin C each. Additional components of the medication are: colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, talc, sorbitol, mint flavor, acesulfame potassium. 6 or 9 tablets per pack;
- Anesthetic Grammidine - round tablets with menthol aroma, containing 1.5 mg Gramicidin C, 10 mg lidocaine hydrochloride, as well as auxiliary components: eucalyptus oil, citric acid, hydroxypropylcellulose, mannitol, menthol, calcium stearate, aspartame.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Grammidin is indicated for use in various kinds of infectious diseases of the oral cavity and pharynx, namely:
- Acute pharyngitis;
- Periodontal disease.
Grammidine with anesthetic is indicated to relieve conditions accompanied by severe pain.
According to the instructions, Grammidine is not prescribed
- At the age of 4 years (not studied the effect of the drug in pediatrics);
- In case of hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug;
- During the period of breastfeeding (if there is a need for Grammidine during lactation, it is recommended to stop it for the period of drug therapy).
With great caution, and only under strict indications, Grammidin is prescribed during pregnancy, as it may adversely affect the body of a woman and the fetus. During pregnancy, the use of Grammeidine can trigger the development of allergic reactions, depression of the immune system, metabolic disorders.
Dosing and Administration
Grammidin and Grammidin with anesthetic is prescribed in the following dosages:
- Children aged 4-12 years - 1-2 tablets up to four times a day;
- Adolescents from 12 years old and adults - 2 tablets four times a day.
Tablets dissolve one by one for 20-30 minutes. After applying the tablets should not drink and eat within 1-2 hours. The duration of drug therapy is up to 1 week.
Grammidine NEO for children and adults is prescribed in the following doses:
- 4-12 years old - 1 tablet 1-2 times a day;
- Older than 12 years old - 1 tablet 3-4 times a day.
The duration of drug treatment is one week.
In the overwhelming majority of cases, Grammidin's use is tolerated positively and does not cause side effects. Occasionally, allergic reactions may develop due to hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug. During their development, it is recommended to refuse treatment with the drug and consult a doctor in charge to prescribe a drug that has a similar pharmacological effect, but contains other active substances.
In the treatment of Grammidin with anesthetic, a temporary loss of sensation of the tongue is possible, due to the action of the anesthetic.
Data on overdose Grammeidin to date have been reported.
The combination of the drug with other antimicrobial agents for local or systemic use potentiates their action.
Gramicidin C is a structural analog of Grammidin.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Grammidine is kept out of the reach of children and in a cool place, safely protected from moisture and direct sunlight. Shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of issue.