Glyciram - a drug that has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, expectorant action.
Release form and composition
- Glyciram tablets, in blisters of 10 pieces or in banks of 50 tablets each, containing 50 mg of the active substance - ammonium glycyrrhizinate.
- Granules for preparing a solution for internal use, intended for children, containing 25 mg of ammonium glycyrrhizinate. In bags on 1,3 g.
Ammonium glycyrrhizinate is made from licorice root. It contains glycyrrhizin, glucose, yellow flavon glycoside likvirtin, flavonoids and pectins.
Indications for use
According to the instructions Glyciram used to treat asthma. The drug helps to restore respiratory function, reduces the number of eosinophils in the peripheral blood.
The use of Glycyram allows to reduce the dose of prednisone in children on the background of serious diseases and in most cases gradually cancel it.
In addition, Glyciram is used for:
- Insufficient function of the adrenal cortex due to prolonged treatment with glucocorticosteroids;
- Addison's Disease;
- Shykhen syndrome;
- Allergic dermatitis, eczema, including dermatosis in children;
- Asthenic conditions and hypotonic syndrome, having a different nature;
- Constitutional hypotonic syndrome arising on the background of resected stomach disease;
- Other diseases for which adrenal gland preparations are prescribed (as a rule, during treatment with glucocorticoids, which allows reducing their dose and avoiding the development of withdrawal syndrome).
According to the instructions Glyciram is prohibited to use when:
- Organic lesions of the heart and parenchymal organs;
- Renal and / or liver failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
For children it is intended Glitsiram in granules. Pre-bag with granules dissolved in warm boiled water (20 ml). If necessary, the doctor adjusts the dosage. The frequency of taking the drug depends on age. Children up to three years take the medicine twice a day, 3-5 years - three times, 5-10 years - four times a day.
It is recommended to take Glyciram 30 minutes before meals. The duration of treatment depends on the indications and ranges from three days to one month.
Adult patients take tablets Glyciram at a dosage of 1-2 pieces up to four times per day. When symptoms of the disease are expressed, an increase in the multiplicity of Glycyram up to six times a day is allowed. The duration of therapy is determined by the form and severity of the disease and ranges from two weeks to six months.
The use of Glycyram by patients is well tolerated. When dosing conditions are observed, side effects are not observed.
If it is necessary to combine Glycyram with another drug, it is recommended to consult with your doctor.
Structural analogues Glyziram has not. According to the mechanism of action to the analogues of the drug include: Limfomiozot, Kalceks, Echinacea.
Terms and conditions of storage
Glyciram from pharmacies available without a prescription. Store it in a dry, dark, cool place, no longer than 5 years from the date of manufacture.