Gizaar - a drug used with high blood pressure.
Release form and composition
- Gizaar containing 50 mg of losartan potassium and 12.5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide in 1 tablet;
- Gizaar Forte containing 100 mg of losartan potassium and 12.5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide in 1 tablet.
The active ingredients of the drug are: microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, magnesium stearate, aqueous lactose.
In blister packs of 7, 10 or 14 tablets.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Gizaar is used with high blood pressure in the combination treatment.
Also, the drug is prescribed to reduce the risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy.
According to the instructions, Gizaar should not be used when:
- Hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug, as well as sulfonyl amide derivatives;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Severe renal and / or liver function disorders;
- Lack of lactase, hereditary lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
as well as under the age of 18 years.
With caution Gizaar prescribed for:
- Violation of water and electrolyte balance on the background of vomiting or diarrhea (hypochloraemic alkalosis, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, hypomagnesiemia);
- Renal failure (CC 30-50 ml / min);
- Bilateral stenosis of the renal arteries or stenosis of the artery of one kidney;
- Allergic reactions in history, bronchial asthma;
- Hypovolemia (including in patients receiving high doses of diuretics);
- Gout, hyperuricemia, hypercalcemia;
- Systemic connective tissue diseases;
- Simultaneous appointment with NSAIDs.
Dosing and Administration
Gizaar used inside, regardless of the meal. With elevated blood pressure, 1 tablet is prescribed 1 time per day. With a lack of effectiveness of Gizaar in this dosage, Gizaar Forte is prescribed at a dosage of 1 tablet 1 time per day. Duration of Gizaar is 0.5-1 month. As a rule, a pronounced antihypertensive effect is achieved several weeks after the start of the use of the medication. The maximum daily dose is 2 tablets of Gizaara or 1 tablet of Gizaara Forte.
To reduce the risk of incidence of cardiovascular pathologies, as well as mortality from them, Gizaar is prescribed at a dose of 1 tablet 1 time per day. If necessary, the dosage can be increased to 2 tablets of Gizaara per day. If patients fail to achieve the required level of blood pressure while taking Gizaara, it is recommended to use Gizaar Forte, where losartan 100 mg is combined with hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg.
The use of Gizaara can cause the following side effects:
- Digestive system: diarrhea, hepatitis;
- Dermatological reactions: photosensitivity (hypersensitivity to light), urticaria;
- Respiratory system: cough;
- Allergic reactions: angioedema, anaphylactic reactions, vasculitis;
- Laboratory indicators: increased activity of ALT, minor hyperkalemia, not requiring discontinuation of the drug.
The use of Gizaara in excessive doses can cause symptoms of an overdose of losartan: a pronounced decrease in blood pressure, tachycardia, bradycardia, which is a consequence of parasympathetic stimulation. With the development of symptotic arterial hypotension, a supportive treatment is recommended. Hemodialysis is not effective.
An overdose of hydrochlorothiazide results from a lack of electrolytes and dehydration due to excessive diuresis. The presence of hypokalemia in a patient in combination with cardiac glycosides can aggravate the course of arrhythmias.
There is no specific treatment for Gizaar overdose. Treatment is primarily aimed at maintaining the patient’s condition and eliminating the symptoms of overdose. It is recommended to discontinue the use of Gizaar and set the patient under medical supervision. If the drug is taken recently, you should flush the stomach, eliminate dehydration and electrolyte disorders, as well as arterial hypotension and hepatic coma by standard methods.
Gizaar is contraindicated in pregnancy. Clinical trials have shown that Gizar, like other drugs that affect the renin-angiotensive system, can seriously harm the fetus in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, up to and including its death.
If the pregnancy was established while the patient was taking Gizaar, it is recommended to immediately discontinue the drug therapy. Even in healthy pregnant women, diuretics can cause thrombocytopenia and jaundice in a fetus.
The combination of drugs blocking angiotensin II and its effects, including losartan, with potassium supplements, potassium salts and potassium-sparing diuretics (amiloride, triamterene, spironolactone, etc.) can cause an increase in the serum level of potassium.
With a combination of Gizaara with opioid analgesics, barbiturates, ethanol, the risk of orthostatic hypotension may increase.
In the case of simultaneous use of the drug with hypoglycemic agents, it may be necessary to adjust their dose.
The combination of hydrochlorothiaziade with other antihypertensive drugs has an additive effect.
Structural analogues of Gizarar are the following drugs:
- Lorista H;
- Lozap Plus;
- Lorista ND;
- Losartan-N Richter;
- Vazotenz N;
- Prezartan N,
- Lozarel Plus;
- GT block;
- Losartan-N Canon;
- Losartan / Teva hydrochlorothiazide;
- Cardomin Plus Sanovel.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Gizaar should be stored in a dark, dry, out of reach of children, at a temperature of 15-30 ° C. The shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of issue.