Histochrome is a drug that has an antioxidant effect.
Release form and composition
Make a solution for injection Histochrome in the following dosages:
- 0.02% - intended for local use in ophthalmology (in 1 ml ampoules);
- 1% - for use in cardiology (in 5 or 10 ml ampoules).
The active component of Histochrome is pentanidroxyethylnaphthoquinone.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Histochrome in cardiology is used in the following cases:
- Coronary heart disease;
- Angina pectoris
In the complex treatment, Histochrome is prescribed for acute myocardial infarction in combination with thrombolytic drugs (it helps to eliminate and prevent some side effects of thrombolytics).
In ophthalmology, Histochrome is used in the following cases:
- Dystrophic pathology of the cornea and retina;
- Primary open-angle glaucoma;
- Macular retinal degeneration;
- Diabetic retinopathy;
- Injuries and burns of the eyes, keratitis;
- Retinal hemorrhage, anterior chamber or vitreous body;
- Dyscirculatory disorders in the vein and central artery of the retina.
According to the instructions, Histochrome is contraindicated in:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Age up to 2 years (in ophthalmology);
- Under 18 years old (in cardiology);
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug (the development of allergic reactions is not excluded).
Dosing and Administration
In cardiology, the Histochrome solution is administered intravenously in a stream or drip (for three minutes or more). For jet injection of 50-100 mg of Histochrome diluted in 20 ml of NaCl 0.9%. With intravenous drip infusion, 50-100 mg of the drug is diluted in 100 ml of NaCl0.9%.
Histochrome 0.02% solution is intended for use in ophthalmology. Apply the drug subconjunctival or parabulbarno at a dosage of 0.3-0.5 ml every day or every other day. The duration of therapy is 5-10 injections, after which it is recommended to take a break for 3-4 months.
The use of Histochrome 0.02% in the form of instillations is allowed - in case of cornea diseases 2 drops 2-5 times a day.
The use of Histochrome can cause the following adverse reactions in a patient:
- Parabulbar or subconjunctival administration: slight pain at the injection site (this is not a reason for discontinuing Histochrome therapy);
- Intravenous administration: discoloration of urine (dark red color) in the first two days of using Histochrome, soreness along the vein. These side effects are not indications for discontinuation of medication.
Histochrome can cause the development of allergic reactions, mainly due to hypersensitivity to its components. In the event of any negative actions as a result of drug therapy, it is recommended to report them to your doctor, who, if necessary, will select a similar drug containing another active ingredient.
Until today, an overdose of Histochrome has not been registered due to the fact that the drug is mainly used on an outpatient basis or in a hospital.
It is forbidden to mix the Histochrome solution with medicines that contain calcium salts, proteins and iron.
The analogue of Histochrome, containing the same active ingredient, is the drug Echinochrome.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Histochrome should be stored in a cool (8-25 ° C) place, protected from direct sunlight. The shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of issue. From pharmacies Histochrome prescription.