Hypericum is a one-component homeopathic medicine with analgesic effect, used in the complex treatment of neuralgia and neuritis.
Release form and composition
Hypericum is produced in the form of ointments gray ointment with a faint odor (Hypericum GF), the main active substance which is an herb Hypericum perforatum (Hypericum perforatum D1), and opodeldocs homeopathic (Hypericum Nam, yellowish liquid with a peculiar smell), the main active substance is Hypericum perforatum C6.
As excipients in the preparation used:
- Hypericum GF - Vaseline;
- Hypericum DN - ethanol, green soap, purified water.
Hypericum GF is available in polymer bottles and polymer cans of 15 and 25 g each; Hypericum DN - in orange glass bottles of 40 g.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Hypericum in all dosage forms is used for neuralgia and neuritis as an integral part of complex therapy.
According to the instructions, Hypericum does not apply when the patient is sensitive to components of the homeopathic remedy and on damaged skin areas.
Dosing and Administration
Hypericum homeopathic ointment and opodeldok are intended for external use.
The ointment is applied with a thin even layer to the painful areas 3-4 times a day.
Opodeldok used 3-4 times a day, causing it in small quantities on painful areas and rubbing it easily in circular motions.
The duration of therapy ranges from 14 to 30 days.
With the use of Hypericum in various dosage forms, the development of adverse reactions is predominantly allergic.
When using Hypericum in any dosage form, it should be borne in mind that:
- If two weeks after the start of treatment, there is no improvement in the patient’s condition, it is necessary to consult a doctor to clarify the diagnosis and correct the treatment regimen;
- Perhaps the appointment of the drug simultaneously with allopathic and other homeopathic medicines;
- The drug should not be allowed to enter the oral cavity, the mucous membranes of the nose and eyes. If Hypericum accidentally hit the mucous membranes, then they should be immediately washed with water.
Currently, the structural analogues of this drug does not exist.
Terms and conditions of storage
Hypericum should be stored in places not accessible to children, at a temperature not exceeding 25º:
- Ointment - no more than two years;
- Opodeldok - no more than five years.