Ginos is a herbal medicine that improves cerebral and peripheral circulation.
Release form and composition
Dosage form of Ginos - round biconvex coated tablets of brick-red color.
The preparation contains 40 mg of dry extract of the leaves of ginkgo biloba (24% of which is the sum of flavonoids).
Auxiliary components used in the manufacture of tablets are sodium carboxymethyl starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, magnesium stearate, lactose, polyvinylpyrrolidone.
The shell is made of Opadry II, which contains partially hydrolyzed polyvinyl alcohol, macrogol, talc, titanium dioxide.
Ginos tablets are sold in 10 pcs. in blisters and 30 pcs. in dark glass cans.
Indications for use
According to the Ginos instructions, the biologically active substances contained in the extract of ginkgo biloba, improve the rheological properties of blood, strengthen and increase the elasticity of the vascular wall, thereby improving microcirculation, supplying the brain and peripheral tissues with glucose and oxygen.
In addition, the drug Ginos is characterized by such properties:
- Reduces swelling of tissues;
- Interferes with aggregation of erythrocytes;
- Reduces the permeability of the vascular wall;
- Inhibits platelet aggregation;
- Normalizes cell metabolism;
- It has a cerebroprotective effect;
- Improves cerebral circulation;
- Interferes with formation of free radicals;
- Does not allow an increase in blood fibrinolytic activity;
- Interferes with lipid peroxidation of cell membranes;
- Increases resistance to hypoxia (oxygen starvation), especially brain tissue;
- Regulates blood vessels;
- Increases the tone of the veins;
- It inhibits the development of toxic or traumatic brain edema.
Considering the described properties of ginkgo biloba, Ginos is prescribed for:
- Impaired microcirculation and peripheral circulation, including arteriopathy of the lower extremities;
- Raynaud's syndrome;
- Sensorine impairments that manifest instability gait, tinnitus, dizziness;
- Dyscirculatory encephalopathy of various origins (including those caused by old age, stroke or traumatic brain injury), manifested by such symptoms as anxiety, loss of attention, fear, and also sleep disorders, intellectual abilities and memory.
The use of Ginos is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Erosive gastritis;
- Exacerbation of gastric ulcer and / or duodenal ulcer;
- Low blood coagulability.
As for the use of Ginos in pediatrics, the drug should not be used in the treatment of children under 12 years of age.
With extreme caution, the drug is used for arterial hypotension and acute disorders of cerebral circulation. Patients with such problems need special medical supervision.
Dosing and Administration
According to the instructions to Ginos, the drug should be taken three times a day (morning, afternoon and evening), regardless of the meal. Tablets must be swallowed whole, not dissolving or chewing, drinking plenty of water.
For disorders of cerebral circulation prescribe 1-2 tablets. The course of treatment lasts at least 8 weeks.
For violations of the peripheral circulation and neurosensory disorders Ginos take 1 tablet. The duration of therapy is 6-8 weeks.
If necessary, repeated courses can be held.
Significant improvements are usually observed 4 weeks after the start of treatment.
If the patient for some reason missed the next intake of the medicine, the dose should not be doubled in the next one.
According to reviews of people who took Ginos, in the vast majority of cases, this drug is well tolerated and does not have any serious side effects.
In the presence of hypersensitivity or intolerance to ginkgo biloba or any auxiliary component of the drug may develop allergic reactions.
In some cases, patients complain of a headache, sometimes there is a decrease in blood clotting.
The digestive system may respond to dyspeptic disorders.
In addition, there are separate reports of internal bleeding that developed after prolonged use of preparations made on the basis of ginkgo biloba.
Ginos should not be prescribed to patients who, for health reasons, are constantly forced to take acetylsalicylic acid and / or anticoagulants.
In the period of application of Ginos is not recommended to drink alcohol.
With a sudden decrease or loss of hearing, tinnitus and dizziness, stop taking the drug and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Based on the extract of ginkgo biloba, the following drugs are available: Bilobil, Bilobil Intensity 120 and Bilobil Forte, Vitrum Memori, Gingium, Memenplant, Tanakan.
The same pharmacological subgroup as Ginos (“Other drugs for treating dementia”) also include the following effects on the human body: Akatinol Memantine, Alzeim tablets, Intellan, Maruksa, Memaineirin, Memanthal, Memantine, Memantine Canon, Memantine -TL, Memantinol, Memorel, Memikar, Noodgeron.
Terms and conditions of storage
Despite the fact that Ginos is a herbal preparation, it is dispensed from pharmacies only with a prescription from your doctor.
According to the manufacturer’s recommendations, tablets should be stored in their original packaging in a place protected from moisture and sunlight, at temperatures up to 25 ºС. Under these conditions, the shelf life of Ginos is 2 years.