Ginkor - venoprotective drug that regulates the filling of the venous bed and increases the tone of the veins. The drug reduces capillary permeability, reduces pain, promotes the removal of metabolic products, the restoration of aerobic glycolysis in tissues, glucose utilization, elimination of tissue edema, has anti-inflammatory and anti-exudative effect; used in the treatment of venous insufficiency and hemorrhoids.
Release form and composition
Ginkor is available in the form of capsules (trade name Ginkor Forte) and gel, the main active ingredients of which are Ginkgo biloba extract and Troxerutin (and heptaminol hydrochloride - in the gel).
As excipients in the preparation used:
- Capsules - colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate (capsule contents); titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, gelatin, indigo carmine (capsule shell);
- Gel - Trilon B, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, carboxypolymethylene, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, purified water, isopropyl alcohol.
Capsules are available in blisters of 10 pieces, 30 capsules per pack; gel - in aluminum tubes of 40 g.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Ginkor in the form of capsules is used for:
- Violations of the venous circulation in the lower extremities, which manifest with severity, pain and paresthesia as a symptomatic treatment;
- Chronic hemorrhoids.
According to the instructions, Ginkor in the form of a gel is used for:
- Acute vein inflammation;
- The consequences of vascular sclerosis;
- Inflammatory reactions in the field of intravenous injection.
- Functional manifestations of chronic venous insufficiency, as well as its inflammatory complications.
According to the instructions, Ginkor does not apply when:
- Hypersensitivity of the patient to the components of the drug;
- The use of MAO inhibitors;
and also in childhood.
The drug is carefully prescribed in the presence of hypertension in patients.
Dosing and Administration
Ginkor capsules are intended for ingestion, gel - for external use.
Capsules are taken with meals, curling with water in sufficient quantities.
Ginkor Capsule Dosage:
- For lymphatic and venous insufficiency, 1 capsule twice a day;
- In acute hemorrhoids, 1-2 capsules twice a day.
The duration of treatment for venolymphatic insufficiency, on average, is 30 days. If necessary, a course of treatment is repeated.
In acute hemorrhoids, the drug is taken for about a week.
Ginkor gel is applied with a thin layer 2-4 times a day on the affected areas and lightly rubbed. The duration of the course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
When using Ginkor, adverse reactions may develop:
- Capsules - urticaria, itching on the skin, eczema-like dermatitis, epigastric pain, diarrhea, headache;
- Gel - local allergic reactions (rash, skin itch).
When applying Ginkor it should be borne in mind that:
- Heptaminol contained in capsules may cause a positive reaction in athletes during anti-doping control;
- In patients with arterial hypertension, it is necessary to constantly monitor blood pressure;
- If after a week since the start of treatment the patient does not show positive dynamics, or his condition worsens, it is necessary to conduct a re-diagnosis and change the treatment regimen;
- In order to enhance the therapeutic effect of Ginkor, patients suffering from venous insufficiency should wear compression underwear, avoid prolonged standing, walk a lot, avoid excessive sun exposure and maintain normal body weight;
- The gel should not be applied to open wounds and mucous membranes;
- Avoid sun exposure to the skin that has been applied to the gel;
- The simultaneous use of Ginkor in the form of capsules and MAO inhibitors can lead to an increase in blood pressure;
- An overdose of the drug (capsule) is manifested by an increase in blood pressure and a violation of the heart rate. In such cases, patients are prescribed gastric lavage followed by intake of enterosorbents and symptomatic therapy;
- You can use the drug in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
Structural analogues Ginkor has not. The following drugs have similar pharmacological effects: Venosan, Venoplant, Dioflan, Detralex, Venodiol, Flebodia, Venarus, Escuvit, Venastat, Aescin, Venoruton, Proven and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature of 15-25º in places not accessible to children, not more than three years.