Herpferon is a drug with a pronounced antiviral effect, as well as having analgesic, immunomodulatory and moderate antipruritic effects. Used in the treatment of diseases caused by the herpes virus, to accelerate healing, reduce pain, prevent the emergence of new elements of the rash, reduce the risk of skin dissemination.
Release form and composition
Herpferon is available in white ointment for external and local use, the main active ingredients of which are recombinant alpha-2b, human interferon, lidocaine hydrochloride, acyclovir.
Macrogol 1500, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, macrogol 400 are used as excipients in the medicinal product.
Ointment Gerpferon is available in aluminum tubes with bushons 5, 10, 30 g each.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Gerpferon is used when:
- Genital herpes;
- Primary as well as recurrent herpetic eruptions on the skin and mucous membranes;
According to the instructions, Gerpferon does not apply if the patient is hypersensitive to the components in the medicinal product.
Dosing and Administration
Ointment Gerpferon is intended for local and external use. It is applied with a thin layer on the affected skin and mucous membranes 5 times a day, keeping the interval between use of the drug for 4 hours.
The duration of the course of treatment with Gerpferon is usually 5-10 days.
With the long-term use of Herpferon, adverse reactions may develop in the form of flaking of the skin at the site of application of the drug.
When applying the Gerpferon should be borne in mind that:
- The drug is well combined with immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory drugs;
- The effectiveness of drug therapy is increased if it is started when the first symptoms of a herpetic infection appear;
- The drug does not affect the ability to perform activities associated with increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions (driving and working with various moving mechanisms);
- Cases of drug overdose are not fixed;
- During the period of pregnancy and subsequent breastfeeding, it is possible to use the drug only in cases where the expected benefit from treatment is higher than the risk to the health of the fetus or child, since there is no information on the use of ointment in this category of patients.
Herpferon analogues are such drugs as Eberon Alpha P, Reaferon, Realdiron, Intron, Layfferon, Alfaron, Interferal, Altevir.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored in places with limited access of children at a temperature of 2-8º no more than two years.