Gerimaks Ginseng is a general tonic herbal remedy that stimulates the activity of the central nervous system, as well as enhances physical and mental performance.
Release form and composition
The dosage form of Gerimaks Ginseng is a film-coated tablet.
One tablet contains 0.2 grams of Panax Ginseng CA Meyer Korean root ginseng extract (which corresponds to 8 mg of ginsenosides, triterpene glycosides, which are considered the main active substances of ginseng), as well as auxiliary components: calcium hydrogenphosphate, gelatin, corn starch, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, macrogol 400, iron oxide.
Gerimaks Ginseng tablets are packaged in blisters of 10 pieces, 1, 3 or 6 blisters in each cardboard box.
Indications for use
In accordance with the instructions, Gerimaks Ginseng is used as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent. As a rule, I recommend taking it in the following cases:
- To stimulate physical and mental performance (including with increased mental stress and physical fatigue);
- As a component of complex therapy for the treatment of patients suffering from neurasthenic syndrome (nervous exhaustion) and developing according to the hypotonic type of vegetative-vascular (neurocirculatory) dystonia;
- To improve and maintain sexual function in men, as well as to increase sexual potential in women;
- With asthenic syndrome;
- To increase physical stamina in athletes;
- During the period of rehabilitation after the postponed somatic diseases or surgical intervention;
- To increase the nonspecific resistance (resistance) of the organism to the aggressive influence of external factors.
The use of Gerimaks Ginseng, according to the instructions, is contraindicated in:
- Hypertension (hypertension);
- Increased nervous excitability;
- Diseases caused by impaired absorption of iron and accompanied by its accumulation in the body;
- Hypercalcemia (increased serum calcium);
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the tablets.
It is also contraindicated use of Gerimaks Ginseng for children and adolescents who have not turned 12 years old.
It is not recommended to take the drug in pregnant women and while breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
According to the instructions for the drug, take Gerimaks Ginseng should be with meals, one tablet per day.
Therapeutic and prophylactic course of treatment can last from 4 to 8 weeks. If necessary, at intervals of at least 3 months, repeat courses are conducted.
Gerimax Ginseng rarely has side effects. However, despite the well-tolerated means, in some cases the following symptoms may develop:
- On the part of the digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (rare);
- From the side of the central nervous system: increased nervous excitability, headaches, insomnia (extremely rare);
- On the part of the heart and blood vessels: increased blood pressure, tachycardia (extremely rare);
- Skin allergic reactions (rare).
If any adverse reactions occur in connection with the intake of this herbal remedy, you should inform your doctor about them.
Overdose means are observed following symptoms: increased blood pressure, insomnia, decreased sexual activity, headache, pain in the heart, heart palpitations, depression. In case of severe intoxication, increased bleeding (including bloody diarrhea and vomiting), loss of consciousness, respiratory failure are possible. There is no specific antidote for Gerimax Ginseng, overdose treatment is symptomatic.
Gerimaks Ginseng must be taken in the morning, which is associated with the ability of the drug to provoke sleep disorders.
The drug enhances the effects of drugs that have a stimulating effect on the central nervous system or have analeptic effects (for example, caffeine and camphor), as well as hypoglycemic drugs and warfarin.
Gerimax Ginseng reduces the effectiveness of drugs whose action is aimed at inhibiting the activity of the central nervous system, including barbiturates, anticonvulsants, tranquilizers (anxiolytics).
It is important to consider that the drug increases the risk of developing resistance to loop diuretics.
If it is necessary to perform a surgical operation, the phytopreparation should be stopped at least 2 weeks before the forthcoming intervention.
Patients with diabetes mellitus during the period of application of Gerimaks Ginseng should control the level of glucose in the blood.
Gerimaks Ginseng generic drugs are Biobushin, Herbion Ginseng, Ginseng with Vitamin C, Doppelgerz Ginseng, tincture and dry extract of ginseng, Panaxel, Ginsana.
The following drugs also belong to the same pharmacological group (“Toning agents”): Adaptovir, Adaptokon, Altai Elixir, Amrita, Apilak, Apimikroelfit, Bemaktor, Bemitil, Befungin, Bittner, Biosed, Van Bi, Zinrozin , Limanovit E, Licol, Limontar, Lemongrass fruit tincture, Milife, Panta Forte, Pantocrin, Saparal, Safinor, Sodecor, Stimol, Fitovit, Evalar, Eleutherococcus Extract, Epsorin, etc.
Terms and conditions of storage
Gerimaks Ginseng - over-the-counter phytopreparation. In accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, it should be stored at temperatures up to 25 ºС in a place inaccessible to direct sunlight. The shelf life of tablets under these conditions is 2 years.