Herbion ivy syrup is an herbal medicine with anti-inflammatory, expectorant, hepatoprotective, nephroprotective, antioxidant. wound healing and antispasmodic actions.
Release form and composition
Herbion ivy syrup is produced in the form of a yellow-brown liquid with a specific smell and taste, the main active ingredient of which is ivy leaf extract.
The following substances were used as excipients in the preparation: purified water, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate, glycerin, liquid sorbitol, flavoring.
Herbion ivy syrup is available in dark glass bottles of 150 ml. The package has a measuring spoon or measuring cup.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Gerbion ivy syrup is used for:
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system (acute and chronic), which are accompanied by dry and persistent cough;
- Purulent wounds.
According to the instructions, Gerbion ivy syrup does not apply when:
- The presence of a patient's hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Abnormalities in the thyroid gland;
- Severe cardiovascular diseases.
Dosing and Administration
Herbion ivy syrup is intended to ingestion, regardless of the meal.
Dosing of syrup is carried out using a special measuring spoon or cup.
The duration of drug therapy and its dosage are determined by the attending physician in each case individually.
Herbion Ivy Syrup Dosage:
- Children over 10 years old and adults - 5-7.5 ml three times a day;
- Children 6-10 years old - 5 ml three times a day;
- Children 1-6 years old - 2.5 ml three times a day;
- Children up to 12 months - 2.5 ml twice a day.
Taking the drug is recommended to continue for at least 2-3 days after the symptoms of the disease disappear. As a rule, the duration of treatment is 7 days.
When using Gerbion ivy syrup, the following adverse reactions may develop: nausea, vomiting, abnormal stool, rash, pruritus, mild bronchospasm, skin hyperemia, swelling of the mucous membranes, urticaria.
If you experience severe side effects, you should stop taking the syrup and consult a doctor.
When applying Gerbion ivy syrup, it should be borne in mind that:
- In 2.5 ml of syrup contains 0.875 g of sorbitol (0.073 bread unit), in 5 ml - 1.750 g of sorbitol (0.146 bread unit), in 7.5 ml - 2.625 g of sorbitol (0.219 bread unit), which is of particular importance for patients with diabetes;
- To enhance the effect of the drug during the day should be consumed as much liquid (preferably warm);
- If, 7 days after the start of treatment with the drug, there is no improvement in the patient’s condition, or irregularities in the respiratory system (dyspnea, chronic cough, hyperthermia, sputum with blood, purulent sputum) occur, consult a doctor immediately;
- Syrup is not recommended to be taken during pregnancy and during breastfeeding (there are no data on the safety of drugs in this category of patients);
- An overdose of the drug is manifested by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, increased blood pressure. In such cases, take measures symptomatic therapy.
Analogues of Gerbion ivy syrup are the preparations Gadeliks, Pektolvan Ivy and Prospan.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature of 15-25º in places not accessible to children, no more than two years.
after opening the bottle, the syrup can be stored for no more than three months.