Hepatosan is a drug with hepatoprotective and detoxifying effects, used in the complex therapy of liver diseases.
Release form and composition
Hepatosan is available in the form of capsules, the main component of which are freeze-dried cells of the liver of a donor pig.
Auxiliary substances (capsule shell) are: nipagin, nipazol, tropeolin O, E171 titanium dioxide pigment, gelatin.
Capsules are packed in a plastic container of 10, 20 or 30 pieces.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Hepatosan is used in complex treatment:
- Hepatitis A;
- Cirrhosis of the liver;
- Hepatic insufficiency (acute and chronic);
- Alcoholic and medicinal lesions of the liver;
- Digestive disorders;
According to the instructions, Hepatosan is not used when the patient's body is highly sensitive to the components of this drug.
Dosing and Administration
Hepatosan capsules are intended for oral administration. They are taken 15-20 minutes before a meal, washed down with water.
- In chronic liver failure - twice a day, 2 capsules for 20 days. If necessary, repeat the treatment with the drug;
- In acute liver failure - twice a day, 2 capsules for 10 days;
- With cirrhosis of the liver (decompensation stage) - three times a day, 2 capsules for 10 days, then twice a day, 1 capsule for 14 days;
- To reduce intoxication with cirrhosis of the liver - constantly 1-2 capsules per day.
With the use of Hepatosan, the development of adverse reactions is predominantly allergic.
To date, the structural analogues of Hepatosan does not exist.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature of not more than 25º in places with limited access of children, not more than two years.