Hexicon is a drug with antiseptic action.
Release form and composition
Hexicon is produced in the form of a solution and vaginal suppositories, the main active ingredient of which is chlorhexidine.
As excipients in the preparation used:
- Solution - purified water;
- Suppositories - polyethylene oxide 400 and 1500.
Vaginal suppositories are available in 8 and 16 mg in blister packs of 5 and 10 per pack; solution for external use - in plastic bottles of 10, 50, 70, 100, 150, 200, 250, 500 ml.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Hexicon in the form of a solution is used for:
- Prevention of sexually transmitted infections (gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, ureaplasmosis, genital herpes, trichomoniasis);
- Treatment of infections of the mucous membranes and skin in dentistry (irrigation and rinsing with stomatitis, gingivitis, alveolitis, periodontitis), urology (urethritis and urethroprostatitis), obstetrics, gynecology, surgery;
- Disinfection of infected burns and purulent wounds.
Vaginal suppositories Hexicon, according to the instructions, are used for:
- Treatment of colpitis and bacterial vaginosis;
- Prevention of sexually transmitted infections (syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, genital herpes, ureaplasmosis);
- Prevention of infectious and inflammatory complications before surgery for gynecological diseases, before abortion, childbirth, before and after cervical diathermocoagulation, before and after installing the IUD, before conducting intrauterine tests.
According to the instructions, Hexicon in any form does not apply at high sensitivity to the components of the drug.
The solution Hexicon does not apply also for dermatitis.
Dosing and Administration
The drug in the form of a solution intended for external use.
In order to prevent sexually transmitted infections, the solution is used no later than 2 hours after sexual intercourse. To do this, using a special nozzle, the drug is introduced into the vagina (5-10 ml) or urethra (2-3 ml for men, 1-2 ml for women) for 2-3 minutes. In addition, the solution treats the skin of the genitals, pubis, inner thighs. Within 2 hours after the procedure should not urinate.
For the treatment of urethritis and urethroprostatitis, 2-3 ml of solution are injected into the urethra every day 1-2 times a day for 10 days.
Using the Hexicon solution, rinsing, irrigation, and application are also performed. To do this, 5-10 ml of solution is applied to the mucous membranes and skin for 1-3 minutes, 2-3 times a day.
For gingivitis, stomatitis, periodontitis, 5-10 ml of solution is rinsed 3-4 times a day.
Suppositories Hexicon intended for vaginal administration. They are administered 2 times a day for 7-10 days; in order to prevent sexually transmitted diseases - no later than 2 hours after sexual intercourse.
When using Hexicon in the form of a solution, adverse reactions of an allergic nature can develop, itching, dermatitis, dry skin, photosensitization, taste disturbance, tartar deposition, staining of tooth enamel.
When using Hexicon in the form of vaginal suppositories, allergic reactions and itching may occur.
When applying Hexicon should be borne in mind that:
- The preparation is incompatible with detergents containing anionic group (saponins, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate) and soaps. Therefore, before using the solution, it is necessary to thoroughly wash off the soap residue from the skin and mucous membranes;
- Ethanol enhances the effect of the drug;
- The drug can be used during pregnancy and lactation;
- The drug should not be allowed to get into wounds in patients with spinal cord injuries, open head injuries, perforation of the eardrum;
- If Hexicon gets into the eyes, immediately rinse them with water;
- The bactericidal effect of the drug increases with increasing its temperature;
- The drug should not be used simultaneously with iodine-containing agents.
Analogues of Hexicon are the following drugs: Gebiscrab, Amiderent, Chlorhexidine, Plivacept, Cytheal, Chlorhexidine digluconate, Katedzhel.
Terms and conditions of storage
Hexion is stored at a temperature of not more than 25º in the inaccessible to children places no more than three years.