Galavit is an immunomodulatory drug of a new generation that has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect on the body.
Release form and composition
The drug is made in three dosage forms:
- Galavit tablets containing 25 mg of sodium amino-dihydrophthalazalindione, as well as auxiliary components: lactose, starch, talc, sorbitol, calcium stearate, racecentol;
- Rectal suppositories Galavit containing 50 or 100 mg of active ingredient, as well as auxiliary components: Witepsol H-15 and Witespsol W-35;
- Powder for the preparation of Galavit solution containing 50 or 100 mg of active ingredient.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Galavit is used as part of complex treatment for the correction of immunity in children over 12 years old and adults in the following conditions:
- Chronic and acute diseases of the digestive tract, accompanied by diarrhea and intoxication of the body (Crohn's disease, non-specific colitis, viral hepatitis B and C, infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver disease of non-viral nature, gastroenteritis);
- Ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum;
- Acute infectious diseases of the respiratory tract, including pneumonia and bronchitis;
- Posttraumatic osteomyelitis of the infectious nature;
- Diseases of the oral cavity of an infectious nature;
- Urogenital infectious diseases, including mycoplasmosis, urogenital chlamydia, cytomegalovirus infection;
- Prostate adenoma;
- Furunculosis, erysipelas;
- Inflammatory diseases that developed against the background of secondary immunodeficiency;
- Herpetic infection regardless of location.
Also, the use of Galavit is advisable for the prevention of infectious diseases in the postoperative period, in oncology for immunological correction, including for breast cancer and lung cancer.
According to the instructions, Galavit is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
The duration of treatment with Galavit and the dosage regimen is determined individually by the attending physician depending on the type of pathology and the effectiveness of the therapy.
Galavit powder before use should be dissolved in 2 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride or water for injection. Injections do intramuscularly. In case of infectious pathologies of the digestive tract, 2-3 injections per day are prescribed. The initial dose is 0.2 g, then it is reduced to 0.1 g.
Galavita injections for various kinds of infections are prescribed in the same way, but the duration of treatment is long and amounts to 25 injections.
Non-infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and urogenital system are treated by using Galavit for several days for 2 g and then switching to the use of the drug in a dose of 1 g every other day. As a rule, the treatment consists of 15-25 Galavita injections.
With uterine myoma, as well as to prevent infections in the postoperative period, the daily dose of Galavit is 1 g once a day for 5 days, after which the drug is administered at a dose of 1 g every other day for 10 days. At the final stage of therapy, injections are given in 1 g once every 2-3 days. The general course of treatment is 15-25 Galavita pricks.
In case of prostate adenoma, Galavit injections are given in 1 g for 5 days, after which they are transferred to the use of Galavit in a dose of 1 g once in 2-3 days.
With recurrent furunculosis and herpes infection, treatment with Galavit is 20 injections according to the following scheme: 1 g per day for 10 days, then 1 g every other day.
Chronic inflammatory infections are treated by administering 1 g of Galavit once a day for 5 days, after which they switch to administering 1 g of the drug every other day. The course of treatment is 20 injections. Vaccination is carried out according to the same scheme for the purpose of immunological correction in cancer patients.
Tablets sublingual Galavit take 1 piece 2-4 times a day. The duration of treatment can vary from 5 days to 3 weeks.
Before using Galavit rectal suppositories, empty the intestines. In infectious diseases, it is recommended to administer 0.2 g of Galavita divided into two doses. After the symptoms disappear, you can switch to the use of 0.1 g per day.
With pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract and the urogenital system, the course of drug treatment is 15-25 candles according to the following scheme: the first two days, 0.2 g each, after which they are transferred to 0.1 g, which is administered once every three days.
For prostate adenoma and uterine myoma, it is recommended to use Galavit suppositories at a dose of 0.1 g once a day for 5 days, and then reduce the dosage to 0.1 g once every three days. The duration of treatment is 20 candles.
For the prevention of postoperative complications, Galavit suppositories are prescribed according to the following scheme: the first 5 days — 0.1 g per day, then 10 days — 0.1 g once every two days, and another 15 days — 0.1 g once per 3 days. Total course is 15 candles Galavita.
The use of Galavita patients is well tolerated, side effects do not occur. Allergic reactions due to hypersensitivity to the drug components are rarely possible.
With the simultaneous use of Galavita, it is recommended to reduce the course doses of antibiotics.
The analogue of Galavit, containing the same active substance, is Tamerit, which is produced in the form of a powder for preparing a solution for injection.
Similar pharmacological effects with Galavit have:
- Moliksan and others
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Galavit stored in a dry, dark, cool, out of reach of children. Galavit shelf life in the form of tablets and suppositories is 2 years, powder - 4 years from the date of manufacture.