Dopegit is a drug for the treatment of arterial hypertension, a stimulator of central alpha2-adrenergic receptors.
Release form and composition
Release tablets Dopegit, the active component of which is methyldopa (250 mg in 1 tablet). Excipients medications: corn starch, sodium carboxymethyl starch, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, ethyl cellulose, talc.
In vials of brown glass 50 tablets.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dopegit is indicated for use in the treatment of hypertension.
According to the instructions, Dopegit is not used in the following cases:
- Liver cirrhosis, acute hepatitis;
- Concomitant treatment with MAO inhibitors;
- A history of liver disease;
- Hemolytic anemia;
- Hypersensitivity to methyldopa or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Children's age up to three years;
- Acute myocardial infarction.
Dopegit prescribed with caution when:
- Old age;
- Children over the age of three;
- Diencephalic syndrome;
- Renal failure.
Dosing and Administration
The tablets are taken orally during a meal.
For adult patients, dopegit is prescribed in an initial dose of 250 mg 2-3 times a day during the first two days of therapy. Then, depending on the effectiveness of the drug, the dose is gradually reduced or increased. The duration of the intervals between decreasing or increasing the dose should be at least 2 days. Since the drug has a pronounced sedative effect, you should first increase the evening dose of the drug.
The maintenance dose for adult patients is 500-2000 mg per day, divided into 2-4 doses. The maximum dose of Dopegita per day should not exceed 3000 mg. If, when using Dopegit in a dose of 2000 mg per day, there is an insufficient decrease in blood pressure, a combination of the drug with other agents that lower the pressure is allowed.
After 2-3 months of treatment, methyldopa tolerance can develop, therefore a significant decrease in blood pressure is achieved by increasing the dose of Dopegit or the concomitant use of diuretics. Blood pressure after the end of treatment within 2 days returns to the original level.
Dopegita can be used simultaneously with other antihypertensive drugs, but in this case, its dose should not exceed 500 mg per day.
Elderly patients dopegit prescribed at a dose of 250 mg per day. With good tolerability of the drug is allowed to increase the dosage at intervals of at least 2 days. The maximum dose should not exceed 2000 mg per day.
For children older than three years, the initial dose of Dopegita is 10 mg per kg of body weight per day, divided into 2-4 doses. With good tolerance, the dosage can be increased at intervals of 2 days until the desired treatment effect is achieved. The maximum dose of Dopegita is 65 mg per kg of body weight per day, but not more than 3000 mg.
The use of Dopegit may cause the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular system: myocarditis, progression of angina, orthostatic hypotension, sinus bradycardia. Against the background of the simultaneous use of the drug with diuretics may increase in body weight and peripheral edema. If the swelling is increasing and there are signs of heart failure, dopegite therapy should be stopped;
- Central nervous system: depression, nightmares, reversible mild psychosis, parkinsonism, peripheral facial nerve palsy, sedation, general weakness, paresthesias, dizziness, decreased libido, symptoms of cerebral circulation insufficiency;
- Respiratory system: nasal congestion;
- Digestive system: jaundice, hepatitis, pancreatitis, nausea, bloating, constipation, dry mouth, flatulence, cholestasis, inflammation of the salivary glands, vomiting, colitis, diarrhea;
- Musculoskeletal system: myalgia, mild pain in the joints with or without swelling;
- Skin: eczema, skin rash, toxic epidermal necrolysis;
- Immune system: eosinophlia, vasculitis, drug fever, lupus syndrome;
- Endocrine system: galactorrhea, gynecomastia, amenorrhea, hyperprolactinemia;
- Laboratory indicators: leukopenia, hemolytic anemia, Coombs positive test, thrombocytopenia, increased concentration of urea in the blood;
- Other: violations of ejaculation, impotence.
With long-term use of Dopegit in high doses, a pronounced decrease in blood pressure, drowsiness, dizziness, lethargy, bradycardia, flatulence, bloating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, intestinal atony may develop.
With the development of symptoms of overdose, it is necessary to do a gastric lavage and stimulate vomiting in order to reduce the amount of active substance absorbed. If necessary, conduct therapy with sympathomimetics, monitor heart rate, water-electrolyte balance, kidney, intestinal and brain functions.
Rarely as a result of the use of methyldopa, hemolytic anemia may develop in patients. In this case, it is necessary to determine the level of hemoglobin and hematocrit, and treatment with medication - cancel.
As a side effect of dopegit is a sedative effect, it is recommended that patients during therapy should manage potentially dangerous mechanisms requiring increased concentration of attention.
Dopegita use during pregnancy is not recommended, except in situations where the expected benefit of the mother outweighs the potential risks to the fetus. Since methyldopa is excreted in breast milk, lactation should be abolished for the period of treatment with Dopegite.
Structural analogues Dopegita are drugs:
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Dopegit stored in a cool place (15-25 ° C), dark and dry, out of reach of children. The shelf life of the drug is 5 years.