Dolobene is a drug for external use, with antiexudative, anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic, analgesic, regenerating effects.
Release form and composition
Dolobene gel is released transparent or slightly turbid, without color or with a faint yellowish tint. 100 g of the drug contains the following active ingredients:
- 50,000 IU of heparin sodium;
- 2.5 g of dexpanthenol;
- 15 g of dimethyl sulfoxide.
Auxiliary substances Dolobene are: polyacrylic acid, trometamol, isopropanol, purified water, citronella oil, rosemary oil, mountain pine oil, macrogol glycerylhydroxystearate.
50 g in aluminum tubes.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dolobene is indicated for use in the following cases:
- Closed injuries and bruises;
- Hematomas, edema, inflammation of muscles, soft tissues, tendons, tendon sheaths;
- Periarthritis of the shoulder joint;
- Injuries to the joints, accompanied by sprains of tendons and ligaments;
- Acute neuralgia;
- Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendons), shoulder epicondylitis ("tennis elbow"), bursitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the joint bag), tendovaginitis (inflammation of the tendon sheaths).
According to the instructions, Dolobene contraindicated in:
- Bronchial asthma;
- Severe abnormal liver and / or kidney function;
- Hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Open wounds at the site of application of the gel;
- Pronounced disorders of the cardiovascular system;
- Children under five years.
Dosing and Administration
Dolobene gel is applied to the affected skin with a surface layer 2-4 times a day.
If the gel is used under the dressing, it is recommended to apply the medication and wait a few minutes until it is absorbed by the skin and the isopropanol evaporates. After that impose a tight bandage.
The duration of therapy depends on the severity of the disease and the effectiveness of therapy.
Dolobene can be used in iontophoresis, applied under the cathode. Dolobene is used as a contact gel for phonophoresis (ultrasound therapy): the active components of the drug complement the medicinal action of ultrasonic waves.
The use of Dolobene can cause the following adverse reactions from various systems of vital activity of the organism:
- Allergies in the form of skin manifestations, including urticaria. In isolated cases, angioedema was observed;
- Local reactions in the form of redness and itching at the site of application of the medication, which, as a rule, undergo further therapy independently;
- Other reactions, such as the smell of garlic from the mouth (caused by dimethyl sulphide - a product of the metabolism of dimethyl sulfoxide), taste change (passes a few minutes after the application of the medication).
When applying Dolobene on large areas of the body, nausea, diarrhea, headache, difficulty breathing, chills are not excluded.
Cases of drug overdose today have not been reported.
Before applying Dolobene, it is recommended to thoroughly clean the skin of other medicinal, chemical and cosmetic products.
The gel should not be applied to the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes, mouth, damaged areas of the skin, open wounds caused by severe sunburn, radiation, and postoperative scars.
At the time of drug therapy, there is an increase in the photosensitivity of the skin, so for this period you should limit your visit to the solarium and try to be less under the open sun.
In case of undesirable side reactions, Dolobene should be discontinued.
Do not use Dolobene in combination with other ointments and gels due to the high absorption of dimethyl sulfoxide.
In combinatorial use, Dolobene gel may enhance the penetration of other medications through the skin.
When combined with Dolobene drugs, in the composition of which there is sulindak (NSAIDs), the development of peripheral neuropathy.
During pregnancy, Dolobene should not be used, since there are no clinical data on the benefits and harm of the drug for this category of patients. Since dimethyl sulfoxide, which is contained in the preparation, penetrates into breast milk, it is recommended to stop lactation for the duration of treatment with the medication.
Structural analog Dolobene is Gepatrombin C gel.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Dolobene is recommended to be stored in a cool, dry, dark place inaccessible to children for no longer than 3 years from the date of issue.