Long-term - nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, which has analgesic, anti-edema and anti-inflammatory effects. The analgesic effect is most pronounced with inflammatory pain. The drug helps to reduce or relieve pain, the expansion of range of motion, reduce swelling and morning stiffness of the joints. Long-term decreases platelet aggregation at the site of inflammation, leukocyte migration, as well as the release of lysosomal enzymes in the area of inflammation.
Release form and composition
Dolgit comes in the form of a cream and gel, the active substance of which is ibuprofen.
As excipients in the preparation are used:
- Cream - glyceryl monostearate, medium chain triglycerides, propylene glycol, macrogol 30 stearate, macrogol 100 stearate, xanthan gum, lavender oil and orange flowers, methyl parahydroxybenzoate sodium, purified water;
- Gel - dimethylhydroxymethyl dioxolane, isopropanol, medium chain triglycerides, poloxamer 407, Pluronic F127, oil of lavender and orange flowers.
Dolgit gel and cream is available in aluminum tubes of 20, 50 and 100 mg.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dolgit in the form of a cream and gel is used for:
- Inflammatory disorders of the body ;
- Injuries without compromising the integrity of the skin (stretching or tearing of muscles and ligaments, sprains, bruises, post-traumatic soft tissue edema);
- Muscle pains of rheumatic and non-rheumatic genesis.
According to the instructions, Dolgit in both dosage forms is contraindicated for use with:
- The presence in a patient of hypersensitivity to any components of the drug and other NSAIDs;
- Violation of the integrity of the skin in those places where application of the drug is required;
- Eczema, weeping dermatosis.
The gel form does not apply:
- For urticaria, bronchial asthma, rhinitis, caused by the use of acetylsalicylic acid;
- In the third trimester of pregnancy;
- At the age of 12 years.
According to the instructions, Dolgit in the form of a cream is contraindicated:
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- At the age of 14 years.
The drug should be used with caution in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
Dolgit gel and cream is intended for external use.
The cream is applied 3-4 times a day with a strip of 4-10 cm on the skin of painful areas of the body and rubbed until completely absorbed with light movements.
The gel is applied 3-4 times a day with a strip of 5-10 cm in length on the skin in the painful area and rubbed gently until completely absorbed.
The duration of application of Dolgit depends on the nature of the damage and the severity of the disease and, as a rule, is 2-3 weeks.
As a rule, patients tolerate the use of Dolgit well, but in some cases local skin irritation in the form of burning sensation, tingling, redness, rash, swelling, itching may occur.
With increased sensitivity to NSAIDs, bronchospasm may occur.
If Dolgit is used for a long time, then the development of systemic side reactions (in sensitive patients) is possible, which are the reason for stopping the use of the drug and referring to the attending physician.
When applying Dolgit, it should be borne in mind that:
- It is not necessary to allow hit of gel and cream on mucous membranes;
- In severe cases, it is possible to combine the drug with other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (orally, parenterally, rectally);
- The use of cream and gel does not affect the level of concentration, coordination of movements, the speed of other physical and mental reactions;
- Despite the fact that there are no cases of drug overdose, if you accidentally take a cream or gel, you should clear the stomach (induce vomiting and take activated charcoal) and seek medical help.
Structural analogues of Dolgit are such drugs as: Ibuprofen, Nurofen, Solpaflex, Faspik, Ipren, Ibufen, Ibutop, Ibusan, Ibuprom, Ibalgin, Brufen, Deblock, Burana, Bonifen, Advil, ArtroCam, Brufen.
Terms and conditions of storage
The long-term storage is kept at a temperature of 15-25º in places with limited access for children not more than three years old.
The use of the drug after its expiration date is unacceptable.