Dolaren is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent in combination with an antipyretic analgesic.
Release form and composition
Release tablets Dolaren containing the following components:
- Diclofenac Sodium - 50 mg;
- Paracetamol - 500 mg;
- Excipients: magnesium stearate, talc, starch, microcrystalline cellulose, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, colloidal silicon dioxide, gelatin, sodium carboxymethyl starch, croscarmellose, yellow dye.
In blister packs of 10 tablets.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dolarin is prescribed in the following cases:
- Short-term treatment of pain in rheumatic diseases (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis);
- In the complex treatment of infectious and inflammatory ENT diseases, accompanied by severe pain and feverish syndrome (otitis media, tonsillitis, pharyngitis);
- Myalgia, neuralgia, proctitis, post-traumatic pain syndrome, pain after surgery, migraine, headache, adnexitis, algomenorrhea, lumboischialgia, toothache.
According to the instructions, Dolar is contraindicated:
- In case of hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug (possible unwanted allergic reactions may occur);
- With bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- In case of gastric and duodenal ulcer;
- In the period after coronary artery bypass surgery;
- In inflammatory bowel disease;
- With an attack of bronchial obstruction, urticaria or rhinitis in history, due to the intake of acetylsalicylic acid or another NSAID;
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- At children's age (the efficacy and safety of using the medicinal product for this age group are not fully studied);
- With violations of blood or hemostasis;
- With severe renal failure;
- With severe liver failure or active liver disease.
Dolaren prescribed with caution in the following cases:
- Cerebrovascular diseases;
- Advanced age;
- Coronary heart disease;
- High blood pressure;
- Renal or hepatic impairment;
- Conditions after extensive surgical interventions;
- Peripheral artery diseases;
- Hyperlipidemia / dyslipidemia;
- Congestive heart failure;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Benign hyperbilirubinemia (including Gilbert's syndrome);
- Systemic diseases of the connective tissue;
Dosing and Administration
Dolaren take inside entirely, without chewing and squeezing half a glass of water.
The standard dosage of the drug is 1 tablet 2-3 times a day. The duration of treatment is one week.
Prolonged use of Dolar in higher dosages may cause symptoms of overdose:
- On the first day - nausea and vomiting, pallor of the skin, abdominal pain, anorexia, impaired glucose metabolism, metabolic acidosis;
- After 12-48 hours - acute renal failure with tubular necrosis, the symptoms of liver failure. In severe overdose, renal failure, coma, anemia, pancreatitis, and death may occur.
Treatment of overdose is the following: administration of SH-groups and methionine donators 9 hours after the onset of symptoms. After 12 hours, acetylcysteine is injected. In the future, depending on the level of paracetamol in the blood, additional therapeutic measures are carried out.
The use of Dolaren can cause the following side effects:
- Digestive system: abdominal distension, nausea, diarrhea or constipation, increased liver enzymes, peptic ulcer;
- Nervous system: dizziness, headache, drowsiness, sleep disturbance, depression, general weakness, nightmares, disorientation, convulsions, feeling of fear;
- Sense organs: tinnitus, diplopia, blurred vision, scotoma, reversible or irreversible loss of hearing, impaired taste;
- Skin: skin rash, pruritus, erythema multiforme exudative, toxic epidermal necrolysis, urticaria, small cell hemorrhages, photosensitivity;
- Urogenital system: fluid retention, proteinuria, azotemia, nephrotic syndrome, acute renal failure;
- Respiratory system: bronchospasm, cough, laryngeal edema;
- Cardiovascular system: congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, chest pain, extrasystole;
- Blood system: leukopenia, anemia, thrombocytopenic purpura, agranulocytosis, eosinophilia, worsening of the course of infectious processes;
- Allergic reactions as a result of taking Dolar: anaphylactic shock, allergic vasculitis, swelling of the lips and tongue.
For the period of treatment with Dolaren, it is recommended to monitor the picture of peripheral blood, kidney and liver functions, periodically to pass an analysis of fecal occult blood.
Do not combine Dolar with other NSAIDs, as the risk of side effects increases.
In the application of Dolaren, the distortion of laboratory parameters from the plasma level of uric acid and glucose is not excluded.
For the period of drug therapy, it is recommended to refrain from controlling potentially dangerous mechanisms that require increased concentration of attention.
It is not recommended to drink alcohol during treatment Dolaren.
The structural analogue of Dolaren is Panoxen.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Dolar is recommended to be stored in a cool room, inaccessible for direct sunlight and moisture. If storage conditions are met, the shelf life of the drug is 4 years. Keep out of the reach of children!