Dolak - anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug with a moderate antipyretic effect.
Release form and composition
DOLAC dosage forms - coated tablets, solution for i / m and / in the introduction.
The composition of the tablets Dolak:
- Ketorolac tromethamine as an active substance (10 mg per tablet);
- The following auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, calcium phosphate, magnesium stearate, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium;
- Shell composition: hypromellose, propylene glycol, titanium dioxide, macrogol, purified talc, ethyl cellulose.
The composition of the solution Dolak:
- Ketorolac tromethamine (30 mg in 1 ml);
- Additional substances: sodium chloride, propylene glycol, edetate disodium, hydrochloric acid and buffer solution consisting of sodium hydroxide, potassium dihydrophosphate and injectable water.
- Tablets - 10 pcs. in a contour boxless packaging, 2 packs in a carton;
- Solution - in 1 ml ampoules, 10 ampoules in a box.
Indications for use
According to the instructions attached to Dolak, the main purpose of the drug is short-term relief of pain of any genesis of moderate to severe intensity, especially in the postoperative period.
In accordance with the annotation, the use of Dolac is contraindicated if the patient has:
- Hypersensitivity to ketorolac or any auxiliary component of the drug;
- Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Brain hemorrhage;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding (including a history of) or suspicion of it;
- A condition characterized by a high risk of bleeding or incomplete hemostasis;
- Moderate and severe renal dysfunction (with CC more than 50 mg / l);
- Aspirin Triad;
- Polyps of the nasal cavity;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Exacerbations of erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Perforations of the stomach, including in the anamnesis;
- Angioedema in history;
- Disorders of blood coagulation in history;
- The risk of developing renal failure on the background of hypovolemia or dehydration.
In addition, Dolak should not be used:
- Pregnant women;
- During lactation;
- Children and teenagers under 16;
- Before and during surgery;
- Concurrently with other NSAIDs, including aspirin and pentoxifylline.
Dosing and Administration
In the form of tablets Dolak appoint 1 pc. 4-6 times a day (with an interval of at least 4 hours). For relief of severe pain syndrome, you can take 2 tablets at once, but not more than 3-4 times a day. The maximum duration of admission - 7 days.
Dolak solution is intended for intramuscular (slow, deep into the muscle) or intravenous (stream, for at least 15 seconds) administration. The specific dosage in this case, the doctor selects for each patient individually, depending on the severity of pain.
Single doses for injection: for patients under 65 years old - 10-30 mg, for patients with impaired renal function, and for people over 65 years old - 10-15 mg. If i / m injections are prescribed, the drug is administered every 4-6 hours; with intravenous infusion, the interval should be at least 6 hours. The maximum duration of treatment is 5 days.
The use of Dolak, according to the instructions, may be accompanied by:
- Bradycardia, palpitations, fainting, lowering or increasing blood pressure;
- Anxiety, drowsiness, headache, rarely - paresthesia, depression, euphoria, dizziness, blurred vision and coordination of movements, change in taste, sleep disorders;
- Nausea, indigestion, abdominal pain, rarely - dry mouth, vomiting, flatulence, constipation, stomatitis, feeling of fullness in the stomach, thirst, gastritis, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, impaired liver function;
- Respiratory disorders, asthma;
- Increased urination, in rare cases - polyuria, hematuria, oliguria, proteinuria, azotemia, acute renal failure;
- Increased sweating, edema, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, increased creatinine and / or urea in the blood plasma;
- Thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia, anemia, bleeding postoperative wounds, nosebleeds;
- Allergic reactions, including pruritus, hemorrhagic rash; very rarely there are urticaria, bronchospasm, angioedema, Stevens-Johnson and Lyell syndromes, exfoliative dermatitis, myalgia, anaphylactic shock.
Before appointing Dolak, it is necessary to establish whether the patient in the past was allergic to NSAIDs. The first dose is administered under careful medical supervision, because There is a big risk of allergic reactions.
According to the instructions to Dolak, the drug may cause drowsiness and dizziness. Therefore, at the initial stage of treatment, it is recommended to refrain from driving a car and performing work with potentially dangerous consequences until the patient has enough experience with the drug in order to assess the degree of its influence on motor and / or mental activity.
With simultaneous use Dolak reduces the effectiveness of diuretic and antihypertensive drugs, increases - narcotic analgesics.
With the same active ingredient the following drugs are produced: Dolomin, Adolor, Ketalgin, Ketorol, Ketolak, Ketorolac, Ketorol, Ketanov, Ketofril, Ketokam.
The following mechanism of action is characterized by a similar mechanism of action: Asinak, Artrotek, Aertal, Voltaren, Biostoran, Voltaren Acti, Diklovit, Diklak, Diklogen, Dikloran, Diklonat P, Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Naklofen, Metindol, and Panoxen, Duper, Tabuk-Di, Hondofen, Flotak, SwissJo Duo.
Terms and conditions of storage
Dolak sold by prescription.
Store the drug, according to the instructions, should be in a dark and dry (for tablets) place at temperatures up to 25 ºС. Shelf life - 2 years.