Dr. Mom is a drug used to treat diseases of the respiratory system.
Release form and composition
Dr. Mom is released in the form of a dark green syrup with the smell of pineapple in 100 ml bottles.
The composition of one bottle includes the following active ingredients:
- 0.5 g of juice, leaves and pulp of aloe barbados and rhizomes of turmeric;
- 60 mg of levomenthol;
- On 200 mg of roots of elecampus cristweart, fruits of terminalia of belerica and fruits, roots and seeds of Indian nightshade;
- On 600 mg of leaves, roots, flowers and bark adatody vasiki and licorice roots;
- 1 g of seeds, leaves and roots of holy basil;
- On 100 mg of rhizomes of ginger medicinal and fruits of pepper cubeb.
Also included in Dr. Mom are auxiliary substances - glycerol, sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sucrose, purified water, Supra BQ dye, citric acid monohydrate, pineapple flavor, sodium benzoate, sorbic acid, and propyl parahydroxybenzoate sodium.
Indications for use
Dr. Mom is used to treat tracheitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis and laryngitis.
The use of Dr. Mom is contraindicated in children under 3 years of age, as well as in cases of hypersensitivity to the active and auxiliary components that make up the product.
The drug is not recommended for use during pregnancy and during the period of breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
Syrup is taken orally. The dosage of Doctor Mom depends on the age of the patient, namely:
- Children 3-5 years old take half a teaspoonful of funds three times a day;
- Children aged 6-14 years appoint one teaspoon of syrup three times a day;
- Children over 14 years old and adults take 1-2 teaspoonful thrice a day.
The duration of drug therapy varies within 14-21 days, with the possible repetition of the course prescribed by a doctor.
The instructions to the Doctor Mom indicated that the drug may cause allergic reactions.
No cases of drug overdose have been reported to date.
Patients with diabetes mellitus, as well as people on a low-calorie diet, when using Dr. Mom, should take into account that sugar is included in the product. One single dose of adult syrup contains 3.75-7.5 g of sucrose (0.31-0.62 XE).
The drug can not be used simultaneously with antitussive drugs, as this combination may serve as a violation of the discharge of liquefied sputum.
Drug synonyms are not released. Dr. Mom's counterparts include Mukoneks, Karbotsistein, Bromheksin, Exomuk 200, Pektosol, Hexapneumine, Bronkhostop, Zedeks and ACC.
Terms and conditions of storage
In accordance with the instructions, Doctor Mom must be stored in a well-ventilated, protected from light, dry and out of reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 30 ºС.
Pharmacies are dispensed over-the-counter. The shelf life of the syrup, subject to the basic recommendations of the manufacturer, is three years.