For dosnos is a drug with anti-congestive action for the local treatment of ENT diseases. The drug causes a narrowing of the blood vessels of the nasal mucosa, relieves swelling and hyperemia, facilitates nasal breathing.
Release form and composition
It is available in the form of drops and nasal spray, the main active ingredient of which is xylometazoline hydrochloride.
As excipients in the preparation For carrying used:
- Drops - sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, benzalkonium chloride, sodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, edetate disodium, sodium chloride, distilled water;
- Spray - benzalkonium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, edetate disodium, sodium chloride, distilled water.
Drops are available in a dark glass bottle of 10 ml with aluminum cap complete with a cap-pipette; spray - in bottles of 10 and 15 ml, equipped with a spray.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, For wear is used when:
- Acute respiratory diseases accompanied by rhinitis;
- Acute allergic rhinitis;
- Otitis media in order to reduce swelling of the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx;
And also to prepare the patient for diagnostic procedures in the nasal passages.
According to the instructions, for carrying is contraindicated for use with:
- Pronounced atherosclerosis;
- Atrophic rhinitis;
- The presence of a patient's hypersensitivity to the components in the spray and drops;
- The history of surgery on the meninges;
as well as during pregnancy, breastfeeding and under the age of 6 years (spray).
Care is prescribed carefully:
- With diabetes;
- At the age of 2 years (drops);
- With prostatic hyperplasia.
Dosing and Administration
Drops and spray for carrying are designed for intranasal use.
Nasal spray is prescribed to children over 6 years of age and adults on 1 injection in each nasal passage 3-4 times a day.
To make the injection sprayer must be held vertically, directing the nozzle up. Next, the nozzle is placed in the nasal passage and sharply pressed on the sprayer. Without opening the sprayer, the nozzle is removed.
To ensure optimal administration of the drug, it is necessary to inhale air through the nose during the injection.
Nasal drops are prescribed to children under 6 years of age, 1-2 drops 1-2 times a day (it is not recommended to use more than three times a day); children over the age of 6 years - 3 times a day, 2-3 drops.
When used for wear, side effects may develop in the form of irritation and dryness of the nasopharyngeal mucosa, hypersecretion of mucus, tingling and burning in the nose, sneezing (especially with prolonged or too frequent use of the wear).
Sometimes heart palpitations, swelling of the nasal mucosa, arrhythmia, tachycardia, vomiting, increased blood pressure, insomnia, systemic allergic reactions, headache, blurred vision, depression (with long-term and frequent use) may also occur.
When applying for wear, it should be borne in mind that:
- The drug is not intended for long-term use;
- An overdose of the drug is manifested by increased side effects. In such cases, symptomatic therapy is indicated;
- The drug is incompatible with tricyclic antidepressants and MAO inhibitors.
Structural analogues for carrying are the following drugs Galazolin, Xilen. Xylometazoline, Xylobene, Xymelin, Nosolin, Otrivin, Olint, Rinonorm, Rinorus, Snoop, Rinostop, Sanorin, Tizin, Espazolin, Farmazolin, Evkazolin, Suprima-NOZ, Rinomaris and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
For carrying is stored at a temperature of not more than 30º for no longer than three years in places not accessible to children.