Disflatil - a drug used to eliminate the symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders (mainly meteorism). The drug contributes to the destruction of gas bubbles, changing their surface tension and causing them to fall. Displatil reduces the sensation of overcrowding and tension in the abdomen.
Release form and composition
Displatil comes in the form of drops for oral administration, the active substance of which is simethicone.
As auxiliary substances in Disflatil are used: sodium saccharinate, purified water, polyoxyethylene stearate, flavoring (pineapple). Preservatives: sodium benzoate, benzoic acid.
The drug is a milky-white emulsion, packed in 30 ml dark glass bottles (with a dispenser).
Indications for use
According to the instructions Disclatil applied:
- As a symptomatic treatment of excessive gas formation (aerophagia, flatulence, abdominal distension);
- In preparation for ultrasound, X-ray, endoscopic, sonographic studies of the stomach and intestines in order to remove air and gases from the digestive tract.
According to the instructions Displatil does not apply when:
- Accompanied by colic and vomiting of intestinal obstruction;
- The presence of a patient individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Displatil drops are intended for oral administration.
Dosage of the drug:
- As a symptomatic treatment of excessive gas formation in adults and children 6-15 years old, 25-50 drops after a meal and at night, drinking a small amount of liquid; children up to 6 years old 2-3 times a day with or after meals for 10-15 drops. For infants, the drug is diluted in a bottle and given with breast milk or formula;
- In preparation for the study of the stomach and intestines - 3-4 times a day, 50 drops for 2 days before the study, the day of the study in the morning on an empty stomach 50 drops and immediately before the study 50 drops.
Before taking drops vial of the drug should be shaken.
As a rule, Disflatil is well tolerated by patients, since it is not absorbed in the digestive tract and is excreted unchanged.
Sometimes with the use of Displatil can develop allergic reactions.
When using Disclatil should be borne in mind that:
- If digestive disorders are protracted, then you should consult a doctor to determine their cause. Such conditions can cause: malnutrition, lack of motor activity, organic pathologies, diseases of the nervous system;
- Since Disflatil contains a synthetic sweetener, and not sugar, the drug can be used by patients suffering from diabetes;
- No cases of drug overdose have been identified;
- It is possible to take the drug while driving and other mechanisms, since it has no effect on the level of concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions;
- It is possible to take the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but after prior consultation with the doctor;
- Displatil can be taken simultaneously with other drugs.
The following drugs are structural analogues of Disflatila: Simethicone, Espumizan, Bobotik, Simikol, Sab simplex, Meteospazmil, Antiflat Lannaher.
Terms and conditions of storage
Disflatil must be stored at a temperature of 15-25º in places with limited access of children no more than five years. The drug should not be used after the expiration date indicated on the package.