Diroton is an ACE inhibitor that reduces the formation of angiotensin II from angiotensin I.
Release form and composition
Dyroton's dosage form - tablets.
The composition of the drug:
- The active substance is lisinopril (in the form of a dihydrate), it can contain 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg or 20 mg in 1 tablet;
- Auxiliary (inactive) components: mannitol, magnesium stearate, hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, talc and corn starch.
Diroton tablets are sold in 14 pcs. in blister packs packed in carton packs of 1, 2 or 4 pcs.
Indications for use
In accordance with the instructions, Diroton is intended for the treatment of renovascular and essential hypertension, can be used both as a monodrug, and in combination with other antihypertensive drugs.
Diroton is also prescribed for diabetic nephropathy, the goal of treatment is to reduce albuminuria:
- In patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and arterial hypertension;
- In patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, but normal blood pressure.
In addition, Diroton is prescribed to patients with stable hemodynamic parameters for their maintenance, prevention of left ventricular dysfunction and prevention of heart failure in the first days after acute myocardial infarction.
As part of complex therapy, the drug is used in chronic heart failure.
The use of Diroton, according to the instructions, is contraindicated:
- Patients under the age of 18;
- With idiopathic angioedema, including a history of;
- When hypersensitivity to lisinopril, other ACE inhibitors, or any auxiliary component of the drug;
- With hereditary angioedema.
It is possible to use Diroton, but under careful medical supervision for the elderly and all patients if they have:
- Severe chronic heart failure;
- Primary hyper aldosteronism;
- Hypovolemic conditions, including those that have developed as a result of prolonged diarrhea / vomiting;
- Systemic diseases of the connective tissue, including scleroderma and systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy;
- Aortic stenosis,
- Coronary heart disease;
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis or arterial stenosis of a single kidney;
- Severe diabetes mellitus;
- Oppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- Renal failure (in cases where the CC is less than 30 ml per minute);
- Cerebrovascular pathologies (including cerebrovascular insufficiency).
In addition, patients after kidney transplantation and patients on hemodialysis who need high-flow dialysis membranes (AN69) need careful monitoring.
Caution when taking the drug should also be observed in patients with hyponatremia and people who follow a salt-free or low-salt diet, because in this category of patients increases the risk of arterial hypotension.
Dosing and Administration
According to the instructions, tablets should be taken once a day, at about the same time every day. Food intake does not affect the effectiveness of the drug.
The dose of diroton in each case is determined individually, taking into account the indications, the general condition of the patient, the function of his kidneys, as well as the preferred treatment regimen. In the latter case, including, it is taken into account whether the drug will be used as monotherapy or in combination with other antihypertensive drugs, whether the patient has taken diuretics before starting therapy, or possibly taking them so far.
As a rule, the initial dose of diroton is 2.5 mg per day. With a lack of therapeutic effect, it is gradually (at intervals of 3-5 days) increased to the necessary supporting, which can be from 5 to 20 mg.
Patients who have taken diuretics before using Dyroton are advised to stop taking them in 2-3 days if possible, if this is not possible, then at least reduce their dose.
With increasing doses, it must be borne in mind that the full effect of the drug is achieved after 2-4 weeks from the start of lisinopril.
According to the instructions, Diroton is generally well tolerated.
Relatively frequent side effects of the drug are:
- In 5-6% of cases - dizziness and headaches;
- 3% of patients have dry cough, weakness and diarrhea;
- In 1-3% of cases - chest pain, nausea and / or vomiting, skin rash, orthostatic hypotension.
In isolated cases (less than 1% of patients) are observed:
- Bradycardia, marked reduction in blood pressure, orthostatic hypotension, symptoms of heart failure, tachycardia, impaired AV conduction, myocardial infarction;
- Dyspeptic disorders, taste disturbance, dry mouth, pancreatitis, jaundice, hepatitis, hyperbilirubinemia;
- Liability of mood, paresthesia, fatigue, drowsiness, impaired concentration, confusion, convulsive twitching of the muscles of the limbs, asthenic syndrome;
- Leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis, neutropenia, with prolonged use may be a slight decrease in hematocrit and hemoglobin;
- Impaired renal function, anuria, uremia, acute renal failure, oliguria, reduced potency;
- Bronchospasm, apnea, dyspnea;
- Increased sweating, urticaria, hair loss, photosensitivity, pruritus.
When Diroton is intolerant, allergic reactions are possible.
During the period of treatment with Diroton, it is necessary to regularly monitor kidney function, blood pressure, the concentration of sodium and potassium in the blood.
Dapril, Lizigamma, Diropress, Lizinopril, Zoniksem, Lizinoton, Irumed, Lizakard, Lizonorm, Sinopril, Lizoril, Lystril, Liten, Rilejs Sanovell, Sinopril.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of tablets - 3 years. Store in original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 30 ºС.