Diprosalic is a glucocorticosteroid drug for external use, used to treat hyperkeratic and dry dermatoses. The drug has antipruritic, anti-inflammatory, keratolytic, some fungicidal, vasoconstrictor and bacteriostatic actions.
Release form and composition
Diprosalic is produced in the form of ointment and lotion, in which betamethasone dipropionate and salicylic acid act as active substances.
Auxiliary substances in Diprosalik are:
- Ointment - liquid paraffin and vaseline;
- Lotion - hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, edetate disodium, sodium hydroxide, purified water, isopropanol.
Ointment Diprosalik is available in aluminum tubes of 30 g each, and lotion in plastic bottles of 30 ml each.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Diprosalik as an ointment is used for:
- Chronic atopic dermatitis;
- Flat lichen;
- Chronic simple lichen (neurodermite);
- Seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp;
- Eczema (hands, coin-like, eczematous dermatitis);
- Ichthyosis and ichthyosis lesions;
According to the instructions, Diprosalik in the form of a lotion is used for:
- Seborrhea of the scalp;
- Psoriasis of various localization;
- Other dermatoses sensitive to therapy with glucocorticosteroids.
According to the instructions, Diprosalik in both forms is not used if the patient has individual sensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
The use of Diprosalika in the form of a lotion is contraindicated in:
- Perioral dermatitis;
- Pink acne;
- Trophic ulcers in chronic venous insufficiency;
- Fungal, viral, bacterial infections of the skin (chickenpox, pyoderma, skin tuberculosis, syphilis, actinomycosis, herpes simplex, Herpes zoster, sporotrichosis, blastomycosis);
- Post-vaccination skin reactions;
- Skin tumors (nevus, skin cancer, epithelioma, atheroma, melanoma, xanthoma, hemangioma, sarcoma);
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
And also at the age of 2 years.
The drug should be used with caution in liver failure, under the age of 12 years and for a long time.
Dosing and Administration
According to the instructions, Diprosalik in the form of ointment and lotion is intended only for external use. The drug is applied in the morning and at night on the affected skin with a thin layer.
In some cases, it is possible to achieve a therapeutic effect with the use of Diprosalic less often.
The duration of drug therapy depends on its tolerability, effectiveness and the development or absence of side effects.
When applying Diprosalika in various dosage forms, the following side effects may develop: itching, burning, folliculitis, irritation and dryness of the skin, acne-like rashes, hypertrichosis, hypopigmentation, allergic contact dermatitis; perioral dermatitis. In case of using the drug for occlusive dressings, maceration and atrophy of the skin, striae, secondary infection, prickly heat can occur.
The use of lotion can cause pain, dermatitis, skin cracks, purpura, local hirsutism, telangiectasia in patients.
When using the drug for a long time or in large areas, systemic side effects may develop (especially in children): Cushing's syndrome, hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system function depression (low plasma cortisol level, lack of response to ACTH stimulation), growth retardation , weight gain, increased intracranial pressure (headaches, protrusion of the spring, bilateral swelling of the optic nerve head).
When applying Diprosalika, it is necessary to keep in mind that:
- If hypersensitization, dryness and irritation of the skin occur, the drug should be discontinued;
- When a patient joins an infection, the patient is given the appropriate treatment;
- The abolition of the drug after long-term treatment should be made gradually;
- The probability of systemic absorption of the drug increases when using occlusive dressings, applying ointment or lotion on large areas of the skin;
- With long-term drug treatment is necessary to take the necessary precautions (especially in children).
- Do not allow ointment or lotion on mucous membranes and eyes;
- Do not apply Diprosalik on open wounds or areas with damaged skin;
- An overdose of the drug is manifested by nausea, vomiting, depression of the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system, which leads to a lack of adrenal function, hypercorticism. In such situations, the patient is shown symptomatic therapy. If necessary, carry out the correction of electrolyte imbalance. In order to alkalize the urine and force diuresis, sodium bicarbonate is prescribed to the patient for excretion of salicylic acid.
The following drugs are structural analogues of Diprosalik: Rederm, Betasal, Betnovayt, Belosalik, Betaderm A, Akriderm SK.
Terms and conditions of storage
Diprosalik stored at a temperature of 2-25 ° in places with limited access of children, not more than five years.