Dipyridamole is a drug that has a vasodilator, anti-adhesive, arteriodilating and anti-aggregative effect.
Release form and composition
Dipyridamole is released in the form of a bright yellow suspension with a characteristic almond smell in 150 ml vials of orange glass.
The composition of 5 ml of the product includes 50 mg of dipyridamole and the following excipients:
- 0.75 mg levomenthol;
- 2.5 mg of simethicone emulsion 30% (Q7-2587) and maltitol liquid (E965);
- To 5 ml of purified water;
- 6 mg methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218);
- 12.5 mg aluminum magnesium silicate;
- 1.5 mg of propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216);
- 17.5 mg of xanthan gum (E415);
- 7 mg of citric acid monohydrate (E330);
- 125 mg of propylene glycol (E1520);
- 13.2 mg of anhydrous sodium hydrogen phosphate (E339);
- 10 mg of Almond Flavoring (F31209);
- Qs 5% solution of citric acid monohydrate and anhydrous sodium hydrogen phosphate;
- At 5 mg of polysorbate 80 and ammonium glycyrrhizinate.
Dipyridamole tablets are also produced in blisters of 10 pieces. The composition of 1 tablet includes 25, 50 or 75 mg of dipyridamole.
Another form of the drug is a clear yellow solution, produced in 2 ml ampoules. The composition of one ampoule includes 5 mg of dipyridamole and excipients - water for injection, tartaric acid and propylene glycol.
Indications for use
Dipyridamole is prescribed in cases of:
- Prevention of occlusion of stents and coronary artery bypass grafts;
- Myocardial infarction;
- Dyscirculatory encephalopathy;
- Thromboembolism and thrombosis;
- Chronic heart failure;
- Microcirculation disorders of any origin;
- Prevention and treatment of cerebral circulatory disorders of the ischemic type;
- DIC in children;
- Treatment and prevention of influenza and acute respiratory viral infections;
- Prevention of myocardial hypertrophy;
- Syndrome suppression of platelets in children.
The use of Dipyridamole is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the active and auxiliary components in its composition, as well as in the following cases:
- Severe arrhythmias;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Unstable angina pectoris;
- Common sclerosing atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- Decompensated chronic heart failure;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Severe hypertension;
- Hepatic failure;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
With caution, the drug is prescribed to children under 12 years of age, as well as during the breastfeeding period.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets and suspension are taken orally for 1 hour before a meal, washed down with a small amount of water. Dipyridamole dosage for the prevention of thrombosis is 75 mg three to six times a day.
In cases of prophylaxis of thromboembolic syndrome, stent thrombosis and coronary artery bypass grafts, patients take 50 mg each day of therapy with acetylsalicylic acid and then 100 mg four times a day.
Dipyridamole for coronary insufficiency is prescribed in a dose of 25-50 mg three times a day.
In chronic obliterating diseases of the arteries of the lower extremities, patients are prescribed 75 mg of the drug three times a day. The duration of therapy varies within 2-3 months.
Dipyridamole solution is administered intravenously or intramuscularly slowly in a dose of 5-10 mg at a rate not exceeding 200 μg per minute. The daily dose of the drug for adults is 120-200 mg, and for children is determined on the basis of the calculation - 5-10 mg funds per 1 kg of body weight.
The instructions to Dipyridamole indicated that the drug may cause side effects from some body systems, namely:
- Tachycardia, palpitations, flushing of the face, lowering blood pressure, bradycardia and coronary steal syndrome (cardiovascular system);
- Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and pain in the epigastric region (digestive system);
- Headache and dizziness (central nervous system);
- Increased bleeding, thrombocytopenia, bleeding and changes in the functional properties of platelets (blood and hemostasis system).
Dipyridamole can also cause allergic reactions, a feeling of ear congestion, flushing of the skin of the face, noise in the head, arthritis, myalgia and rhinitis.
Tablets to reduce dyspeptic phenomena should be taken with milk.
In the period of application of Dipyridamole, tea and natural coffee should not be consumed, since they weaken its effect.
Antiplatelet effect of the drug enhance penicillin antibiotics, acetylsalicylic acid, chloramphenicol, indirect anticoagulants, cephalosporins, nicotinic acid and tetracyclines.
The antithrombotic effect of Dipyridamole weakens xanthine derivatives, which include caffeine.
It should be borne in mind that the drug weakens the effect of cholinesterase inhibitors.
Patients during the period of drug therapy should be careful in the conduct of potentially hazardous activities that require increased attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Synonyms of the drug are Curantil 25, Dipyridamole, Persanthin and Sanomil Sanovel. Analogues of Dipyridamole include Cardogrel, Agrenox, Tiklid, Integrilin, Monafram, Aspirin, Klopidogrel-TAD, Ventavis, Trombex, Zilt, Brilint and Plavix.
Terms and conditions of storage
The instructions to Dipyridamole indicated that the drug should be stored in a dark, dry and inaccessible to children place, at a temperature varying between 15-25 ºС.
From pharmacies, the drug is released on prescription. The shelf life of the suspension and solution, subject to the basic recommendations of the manufacturer, is five years, the tablets are two years.